Arriving at the hotel we had good first impressions, the location is very central, the lobby and bar area is beautiful. However, when we were shown our rooms on the 3rd floor one of the rooms (room 302) did not have a shower!! The ceilings were so slanted over the bathtub that there was no way you could stand up (it was about 2ft high), you have to stoop down, climb in and sit in the bathtub (which is slippery and dangerous) and try and use the hand held nozzle and the bathtub did not drain properly. It was ridiculous. Worst of all, when we booked the rooms there was no warning or notification that the room was like this- in this day and age when you pay alot of money for a hotel it is expected that it comes with a functioning shower, this is a basic requirement of a hotel. When we raised this with the staff they could not move us because the hotel was full, and they were very unhelpful and did not offer any apologies.
When we arrived we were also told the wifi didnt work, after they explicitly advertise free wifi. it was clear this had not been working for some time as the staff admitted it doesnt work on guest devices and phones and that should we want to use the internet we would need to walk to their sister hotel and sit in the lobby. this is not a solution for people who are travelling from far away and expect to be able to use the internet in a hotel.
I think having a shower and internet are really basic things that should be expected in a hotel of this kind, and had we known we would not get these simple requirements we would have definetly stayed somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 19th century aristocratic house of Baron de Peellaert is the setting of this elegant four-star hotel in the heart of Bruges, at a mere 150 m from the Big Market Square. The hotel revives this listed monument in empire and classicist style in all its glory. The peace and quiet, combined with the hospitable welcome, are the perfect biotope for a romantic stay in Bruges. The 50 rooms are elegantly decorated and have all modern facilities. The aristocratic lounges, the 16th century wellness room in the authentic basements, the graceful courtyard and the bar are just perfect to relax after a day of shopping and sightseeing in the world heritage city of Bruges. Hotel Oud Huis de Peellaert has several seminar facilities and a small car park. ATTENTION: Hotel Oud Huis de Peellaert will be Hotel The Peellaert from 23 January 2018. In addition to a new name, the hotel becomes an adults-only hotel where guests must have a minimum age of 18 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Oud Huis de Peellaert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oud Huis De Peellaert Hotel Bruges
- Oud Huis De Peellaert Bruges