“Great Hotel”

Ranked #22 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
NYC
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2011

Everything was great about this hotel. Beautiful, good breakfast, free wifi and great location. The only thing they didn't warn me about was their checkout process. If you need to need before 7am in the morning, you need to do your checkout the night before (this does not mean you need to leave the hotel), since there is no one at reception after midnight. No worries, security is there. The hotel is very quiet, which is a plus. I loved the bathroom.....a shower and a separate tub!
PS - The key to the room weighs a ton

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Berkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2011

Warm and comfortable hotel in perfect location for a short stay. Huge selection of food at breakfast meant we didn't need to have lunch. A little hard to find, a satnav is essential, but parking is available nearby at a very reasonable rate. Our only complaint would be that the rooms at the front can be noisy at night, as people come out of bars and delivery lorries stop in the very narrow road outside.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

I visited Bruges with some work colleagues in September and I loved it. It is so beautiful and full of character, a real fairytale town. I had not booked the hotel so I was pleasantly suprised to arrive at this hotel. The hotel is luxuriously decorated and full of charm and character. The room was a good size and nicely furnished. I must have had an inside room as I did not suffer with a sleepless night as a result of the hostel, which was a real relief. The breakfast was lovely and we were even treated to champange! The staff were pleasant and helpful. The hotel was also perfectly situated making it a perfect choice for those on a weekend break looking for a quality place to sleep.

• Stayed September 2010
sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

If a comfortable bed is a priority to you never stay at his hotel. My husband & I booked a double room, we arrived at 11.00 pm after a very long train journey and not until we went to bed did we realise our double bed was 2 single beds pushed together BUT NOT MADE TOGETHER . we had the worst nights sleep of our entire trip because the beds kept sliding apart.
at 8.00 am the next day I requested a new room and was told there were no double beds at all but we could have the beds made up as a double( no-one explained why this hadn't been done before our arrival!!)
we said we would be happy with that but when we returned to the room at 12.30 not only had the bed not been made our room hadn't been touched!
I asked at reception why it had taken more than 4 hours and our rooms had not been attended to and was told "we have a housekeeping timtable".
I asked to speak to the manager and no-one was available until 4.30.
Needless to say we left and within 40 minutes had booked into and were resting in a very comfortable bed at the Crowne Plaza down the street
we tried to get a refund but as is was a"special offer" got nothing but a very steely unapologetic response. The priorities of this hotel are clearly not customer focus

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sydneyValerie
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2011

Stayed at this hotel over the Christmas break.We can only say that the hotel was better than our expectations.The rooms were good and the lounge areas were beautiful.The staff couldn't do enough for you.
The breakfast was excellent , with hot or cold buffet.
Would definitely stay again

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Haarlem, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

My husband and I chose to stay here on our first holiday with our 3 month old son. The hotel and room were beautiful. The breakfast was very nice. It offered a good selection of hot and continental style foods.

We had two issues. One was the noise coming from the hostel across the street. We had to call down to the front desk regarding a fight that had broken out there and we had to sleep with ear plugs in.

The other was wifi. The hotel offers wifi with your stay but it only works in select parts of the hotel. We were unable to access it at all in our room and had to go to the lounge or hallway near the elevators.

I would stay there again, just ask for a room in the back of the hotel. The location was perfect and very convenient.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Matfield, Kent. England.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

Just returned from a New Year trip to the fantastic city of Bruges having stayed at the Oud Huis de Peellaert. Booked our accommodation following good reviews on TA but wanted to add my comments following 2 nights (out of 3) of broken sleep during our stay there in order to make other fellow travellers aware of some possible issues with the Peellaert.

Whilst the hotel does offer a fantastic location, reception service and breakfast both the wife and I experienced 2 dreadful nights of sleep because of groups of young revellers coming and going from the backpackers Hostel and late night bar, Charlie Rockets.

If, like us, you are given a room at the front of the hotel you run the risk of broken sleep from this popular establishment right across the road.

On our first night we were woken at 3am by a group of youngsters singing and shouting directly across the road from my room - it took an HOUR and a HALF for them to disperse! I was told by the concierge (following my calls to them) that the police had been called although i am not confident that they even turned up.

The following nights sleep was again broken on a number of occasions by similar behaviour for a number of hours not good when you have a 5 month old pregnant wife who has trouble sleeping anyway!

In short, whilst this isn't the hotels fault you need to be aware that if you do stay here then please ensure you ask for a room at the back!

Off to my bed to catch up on my sleep.

Jack Beeby