The hotel looks nice, clean, has a full breakfast that is pretty darn good. However, I will not return to this hotel because I had too many problems that just never got resolved:
(1) A big reason I came to this hotel was because of the FREE wireless internet available from my room. Well, upon trying it the connection never worked from either my laptop or phone. I spoke to them and they believed it was fine and that I should bring my laptop down to help me to connect. I am a long-time software engineer and know what I am talking about but I kept open-minded. Eventually, I had to prove to them that the internet was not working at all. They had an alternative but only available from the lobby - not what I originally wanted. They tried to reset the internet but that did not work, so the woman said she will speak to management about this. Ok fine so far and can happen anywhere. However, the next morning I spoke to a new person behind the desk and she had no idea about the wireless issue and again believed everything was fine. Again, I had to show that it was not working and again she tried to reset the internet for me and again it failed and again she said she would mention it to management. Believe it or not, the whole thing repeated again in the afternoon. No knowledge of the issue, tried to reset, etc, etc. I was quite frustrated. I explained that this was my big reason for coming to this hotel but they did not offer much of an alternative nor did they offer me anything - like a free drink or perhaps something along the lines of a discount on my room or something. I tried to emphasize the importance but it went no where. Not sure if this is a cultural thing or perhaps they are instructed not to do this for customers. However, I believe a small gesture goes a long way especially in this economy and the hotel business.
(2) The hotel room had problems. The bathroom had a heater that just would never turn off. There was no way to turn it off so the bathroom was always overheated. The shower head was a little faulty.
(3) A small issue but I found strange - the coffee at the breakfast buffet was terrible. It always seemed just warm, not hot, and was NOT good. They also do not serve cappuccinos at all or espressos. This appeared to be a really nice hotel. I was really surprised that with such an amazing breakfast spread, the only coffee option was this pot of coffee which was not at all good.
Well, the wireless never worked - I was there for 3 nights. The room was not ideal, with faults that I explained to the management. Not sure if anything got fixed. The breakfast spread is amazing, and the bathroom products in the room were really nice as well, but these things are not enough to bring me back. There is too much competition in Bruges where I am sure I can find something better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 19th century aristocratic house of Baron de Peellaert is the setting of this elegant four-star hotel in the heart of Bruges, at a mere 150 m from the Big Market Square. The hotel revives this listed monument in empire and classicist style in all its glory. The peace and quiet, combined with the hospitable welcome, are the perfect biotope for a romantic stay in Bruges. The 50 rooms are elegantly decorated and have all modern facilities. The aristocratic lounges, the 16th century wellness room in the authentic basements, the graceful courtyard and the bar are just perfect to relax after a day of shopping and sightseeing in the world heritage city of Bruges. Hotel Oud Huis de Peellaert has several seminar facilities and a small car park. ATTENTION: Hotel Oud Huis de Peellaert will be Hotel The Peellaert from 23 January 2018. In addition to a new name, the hotel becomes an adults-only hotel where guests must have a minimum age of 18 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Oud Huis de Peellaert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oud Huis De Peellaert Hotel Bruges
- Oud Huis De Peellaert Bruges