“So slow”

Porta Bruges
Ranked #28 of 50 Dessert in Bruges
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: Belgian
Description: Take away: Pancakes, waffles, ice cream, panini, cold sandwiches, croques, pasta, local beers and wines.
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Was looking forward to this after reading so many good reviews about a good quality cheap place to get a snack from in Bruges. Most people seem to buy pasta boxes. Everything seems to be under 5 euro, definitely a rare find in Bruges. We only ordered a croque Hawaii and it took about 30mins. Was nice when we got it but it wasn't worth that.

3  Thank FoodLovinTravellers
There are newer reviews for Porta Bruges

Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

They both enjoyed the lunch and now know where it is. Excellent food and company as always. Max had the lasagna, Joe had soup and panini, I had my usual, a panini on my low carb wrap. Sylvia is accommodating as always.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stopped here to buy some lunch on our last day in Bruges. Everything was freshly made, good quality & good value. The owner was very friendly & it was great to be able to order exactly what we wanted - baguettes with just ham for my children!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I found the food choices in Brugge a bit overwhelming...and in general very price and mediocre quality. Porta's was the opposite...good value and a great sandwich. I assume I was served by Porta herself, and she was very friendly. There's only a small seating space, so this is more of a "permanent" street vendor where you walk up and order at the window. Ask her about her house sandwich before you order. I asked her after she already had mine on the grill and I regretted not getting the house one, instead. She mentioned she was closed on Wednesdays and I think she closes at 6pm, so it's more of a lunch/snack spot.

2  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Basically we agree with everything already written. We first discovered Porta and Sylvia last year when traveling with a group of seven. We filled up her tiny eating area and she was more than accommodating. The waffles are to die for and the homemade pasta is excellent. When we returned to Brugge this year (just our family of three), Porta was our first stop. Sylvia was as pleasant and welcoming as ever and the food was just as good as we remembered. If you have the opportunity to visit this beautiful town, do yourself a favor, pass all those touristy food stands and head straight for Porta for a great breakfast, lunch or snack! We will be returning!

1  Thank trekkingtrio