“As good as billed”

Ranked #19 of 50 Dessert in Bruges
Chicago, Illinois
“As good as billed”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This is just one chocoholic's opinion, but I agree with Rick Steves that this is outstanding chocolate. I first passed one of the tout lying shops but it was tiny and the woman who worked there was sort of chilly. So I left and walked to the shop just off the Markt and I'm glad I did. Madame Dumon was there and she ended up helping me. I bought a bunch of chocolate bars as gifts but also bought a box of assorted dark chocolates. I thought I was getting the smallest size and didn't realize that I'd actually bought twice as much as intended (so glad I noticed there was a second layer!) until I made my way through the top layer. I've made worse mistakes than buying twice as much Belgian chocolate as I meant to. I highly recommend the chocolate and the experience at the Markt shop.

Visited July 2013

• Greek first
“Very helpful guy serving, was happy to explain all the chocolates & flavors.”
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

We found this place from a blog post (searched 'best chocolate in bruges). Quaint building just off the main square,so we weren't sure if it would be a 'tourist trap. It wasn't! The chocolates are fabulous & the young man helping us was truly knowledgeable about his family business. We even discovered a wealth of the most delectable stevia based chocolates. No sugar & therefore diabetic friendly! You would never know.
I was so impressed with his help that i'm writing this review round the corner with the bruges wifi!
There were lots of other chocolate shops where the product was not remarkable. So,,glad to have found Dumon.

• Visited June 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A perfect cafe !!”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We stopped for an afternoon coffee and pastry. The hostess kindly and cheerfully helped us pick out our selection from the pastry display with suggestions and descriptions. We weren't rushed and sat for an hour sipping our coffee and treats.

Visited April 2013
Gainsborough, United Kingdom
“Fabulous chocolates!”
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

We visited the little shop rather than the cafe! Very busy but the staff were very pleasant and helpful. One older lady said the chocolatier was her son - she pointed out the Stevier chocolate toe me whilst my husband went Dow into the lower floor to chose some items - I think she was being kind as I am a bit ample - I did buy some and it was delicious.

Visited March 2013
UK
“Creamy delights”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Although pricey, these creamy, delightful and yet light chocolates are worth every penny. Now i'm home, I'm wondering why I didn't bring any back for me! We only saw two shops, the smaller one behind the Grand Markt is better than the sit in shop. Recommended to us by an American couple who often visit Brugge, we were pleased we paid them a visit.

Visited April 2013