“Superb B & B”

Ranked #37 of 231 Bruges B&B and Inns
Northampton
“Superb B & B”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Many thanks to Katrien for a wonderful stay in the lovely city of Bruges. This delightful bed and breakfast in located on a quiet street just 10 minutes walk from the market square. Simply put, a perfect location to explore the city from.

We stayed for 3 nights in the junior suite. The room itself is very spacious, lovely large bathroom with his and hers sinks and a huge walk in shower. Flat screen, TV comfortable double bed and a well stocked mini bar.

There are only 2 bedrooms for guests in the B&B with the other being the superior suite so I can say with confidence that that also would be to a very high standard!

Decor is so stylish throughout the bed and breakfast and absolutely spotless.

Stunning breakfast offered in the morning. Lovely breads, cheeses, hams and cereals. Also the host will cook hot items if needed.

Cant complement Katrien enough. Nothing was to much trouble. Always greeting with a smile and was very helpful on arrival. A map was given to us with the nearby attractions and also recommended places to eat.

Dont hesitate to stay here an absolute gem of a B&B

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rtwhufc83

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed and B&B in April this year while passing thru to Amsterdam - Bruges was so perfect that I wished I had more time to spend there. I certainly intend going back sometime and when I do will definitely stay at B&B as it's located a walk away from the main city centre and Katrien is such a gracious and wonderful host. It's great value for money, homely clean and the rooms are large and fabulous and the toilet was as big as the room itself and the whole place was tastefully decorated. She made me feel so welcome and at ease and helped me with booking my journey back and all my site seeding and even kept in touch with me when I was due to arrive and double checked I was safely on my way to Bruges . I would not hesitate to recommend B&B to anyone visiting Bruges and looking for a homely friendly clean and spacious comfortable place

Room Tip: The room facing the main road where I stayed was fabulous but I think all of them are equally good
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Sandra D
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed in this B&B as an over night stop over for the start of our tour of Belgium. location is ok and about a ten minute walk to the main square and Belfry. We were greeted by Katrien who showed us to our room and made us feel very welcome. We had arrived in car an was able to park in their rear garden/garage for an additional cost but it was worth it to know the car was safe. Breakfast was continental but very nice and Katrien was very attentive in making sure wee had everything we needed. The room was a good size, however, the toilet which was separate was on the small size. Air con would have also been a bonus. Besides those two issues we would defiantly go back.

Room Tip: go for a room at the rear of the property as they would be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Palos Verdes, CA
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I am pleased to add my excellent rating to those already here.
Because of scheduling issues we arrived well before the specified check-in time.
Not only were we allowed to check-in early, the owner/hostess insisted on her bringing coffee (and cookies) to us. The bedroom was quite spacious and comfortable with the added amenity of a bathroom that would rival the better US bathrooms (rather rare in Europe)!
The daily breakfast was also very impressive with the variety and quantity of items available.
The breakfast room was quite large and impressive, overlooking their nice backyard!
The hospitality was equally impressive.
The location was convenient and walking distance to many, many places and sights.
This would be one of those places to return to when revisiting the area!
The room was on the second floor - no problem for us!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
New Zealand
Reviewed 22 August 2013

All those other great reviews are true. The service given to us by Katrien and her husband, Philip, was superb. They made us feel welcome immediately and helped us in every way they could. It was worth every cent, and more. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Germany
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I was there for one night. Everything was really great more than I expected.
The room was big enough for two people and the interior in the room and everywhere in the B&B!
The owner was very kind and helpful and showed where was nice to visit.
The location is also perfect to visit many places such as sigthseeing, restaurants,shopping etc.
Furthermore, the Breakfast was very incredible!! I don't know if bread is homemade but very tasty! Many kinds of bread, cereal, eggs etc.
I would like to come back again and can strongly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hacchi
London
Reviewed 24 January 2013

This B & B is amazing and SO stylish! We stayed in the superior suite which is enormous and has a lovely big bathroom. Loved all the little touches - sweets in the room, useful toiletries in the bathroom etc. Beds very comfy and cosy so we all slept well. We were all made to feel very welcome there, even our noisy toddler who was given toys to borrow. Breakfast was a real treat and a lovely start to the day. We would definitely stay at Huyze Weyne again.

Room Tip: The superior room is really special.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family