“Many a good meal”

Shalimar Indisch Restaurant
Reserve with
Shalimar Indisch Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #236 of 744 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Shalimar is situated about 10 mins walk from the centre, so many will miss, but if you wish to take a stroll away from the tourists this is well worth a visit. As with any Belgium indian restaurant the menu by British standards is limited, however the food is excellent. And not to miss is the nan, best I've ever had. Enjoy,

8  Thank Here-my-am

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Well located and pleasant atmosphere, about a 5 block walk from the ancient city of Bruges. Not flooded with tourists and price reflects that. Service was fair. Waitress very hepful in describing the dishes and making recommendations based on our input. Menu in Flemish, as most are, but no problem finding someone who speaks English, Food was tasty and filling, but not over the top. Lamb Gran Marsala was slightly more than mild, Chicken Vindaloo was quite spicy and delicious. Would recommend to those seeking a decent meal at a decent price.

7  Thank Late-Day-Traveller
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I read quite a good feed back about this restaurant and so we did go there to try some Indian food. The service was too slow. The food too wasn't that great. The quality of the spices used were below average, and the food wasn't cooked how it should be. In the name of one food, they served something else. I fail to understand, why people from Pakistan run restaurants in Europe with the name 'Indian Restaurant'. This too is a similar case.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I wanted someplace in the neighborhood, within walking distance. My son had heard about this restaurant, so thought we would give it a try. So glad we did. I ordered the Tandoori mix & he ordered the Chicken vindaloo, so we could share. Really delicious meal for only €45 including drinks. You can also order as take-out. I'm sure we'll go again.

15  Thank Deborah H
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice place. Nice decor, good service and great food. I recommend the chicken vindaloo and Shalimar tandoori mix.

14  Thank Clint D