“Lovely waffles”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We did a search on Google for best waffles in Bruges and this place came up via TripAdvisor. The service was a bit strange, but I will say that the waffles were stunning, I had the seasonal fruits, raspberry coulis and fresh cream with mine and the whole thing was gorgeous. Not cheap compared to the street takeaways, true, but a lot of those are not even remotely fresh, whereas these were clearly cooked to order and were really nice. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We were staying at a nearby hotel and had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and wanted to give this place a try. My daughter had hot chocolate which was in the form of a chocolate stick which is stirred into hot milk. You may not wish to stir it all in if you do not want your chocolate too strong. My daughter found this out after the event! I had a cheese salad baguette and English tea. The baguette was very large and was easily enough for two. It was very tasty and good value. The atmosphere with the wooden walls was pleasant and the toilets exceptionally clean. I would definitely recommend this establishment.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We searched for almost an hour for the perfect place to go for belgian waffles. No where quite reached my expectations, until we found Carpe Diem- it was exactly what I'd had in mind.

We were seated by the fire the lovely wood panelled tea room, it had homely and inviting feeling with a relaxed atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and spoke good english.

We wasted no time in ordering the "Homemade Hot Chocolate" and Belgian Waffles with Hot Chocolate Sauce and Ice-cream. The drinks came quickly, we were given a mug of hot milk and a chocolate dipping stick, which turned the milk in to hot chocolate! Clumsy as I am, I spilled my drink (whoops) but the waiter kindly brought me another straight away, without making a fuss. The waffles came next, the chocolate sauce was to die for!

I cannot recommend a trip to Tearoom Carpe Diem enough, the service was excellent, the atmosphere was welcoming and the food was delicious! It didn't feel touristy at all and the prices were very reasonable considering the quality. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Excellent venue for a light bite, a cup of tea or coffee (good selection of each)..The pancakes and waffles are excellent.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

After walking around Bruge we needed a place to rest up. This is a beautiful tea-room with excellent food. Slightly pricy but good quality products. I would definately return.