“Wonderful experience - fantastic food!”
Review of Burg 9 - CLOSED

Burg 9
Price range: US$28 - US$73
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience - fantastic food!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were sent to Burg 9 by The Pand hotel and I have to say, the two make a great pairing. First class food and wine at Burg 9. The waiting staff are very knowledgeable and helpful, with each perfectly crafted dish presented to us in beautiful crockery and stylish surroundings. Service was punctual and attentive, without being overbearing. I disagree with comments that the portions are small - we were both fascinated with the flavour and artistry of the food, and satiated with generous food and wine. A wonderful treat I'd definitely recommend!

• Visited April 2014

gistel
“A lovely restaurant in Brugge”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had an enjoyable dinner at Burg9.
The atmosphere: relaxed and informal, modern cozy and warm interior.
The food: delicious and flavorful, and a nice presentation!
The service: friendly and attentive.
The price: very honest and correct. A good value for the quality of food.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank irma s
United States
“OMG ... 4 hours for one course.”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have been a patron since their opening. Friends have told me they heard bad reviews, but my experiences were generally good ones, but we had never been on a weekend. Our reservation was for 7:30. I am a restaurant owner with several concepts over 25 years. To me this was a classic instance of a restaurant going down in flames. No apparent management, no apologies, no updates, no eye contact from passing staff, no check backs, no offer of more water or wine (well depleted after 2 hours at the table, and with another 2 hours to go before we got our food & paid the bill. The Chef needs to fire the FOH staff because they are going to ruin his reputation. Yes, we each ordered a main course and despite never being offered more water, wine, coffee or dessert we finally walked out the door at 11:30pm and headed to another restaurant for drinks, coffee & dessert. If I could give it a zero rating instaed on one, that is what this experience deserved.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank L D
Kortrijk, Belgium
“Good but a little disappointed”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This restaurant has its location as one of its stronger points. If you are hungry, go and eat some Belgian fries first before entering. This place is about tasting, not eating. And this is exactly the point where it did not click for me. A wide variety of elaborate tastes does not necessarily create a strong 'palette'.
'Average'is perhaps a little harsh as evaluation, but I would have given a 'Good' for this restaurant if this rating existed on the TA-scale: you have to choose between Average and Very Good.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Gonzalo_de_Berceo
Beernem, Belgium
“Nice restaurant, a of the rising stars in Bruges”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had diner a monday evening with business associates. The entrance being a bit dark I was doubtful in the beginning. The diningroom is however nice. The food and service were of high standard, even the wine included in the menu was of a good quality. The atmosphere is casual, without being to noisy. Only general problem in Bruges is parkong your car.

• Visited October 2013