“The best ever”

Jacquemine Luxury Guesthouse & Art Gallery
Ranked #22 of 232 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We had a lovely stay at Jacquemine's last weekend. The house is beautiful, the garden facing room so light and airy, beautifully furnished and decorated and the comfiest bed ever. The nespresso in the room is a lovely touch too. The bathroom is to die for with an enormous walk-in shower and tub. And outside the room there's a lovely lounge to sit in with books, comfy sofas and they keep a fridge stocked up with extra drinks you can help yourself with. So thoughtful and kind. Just like the hosts, Annie and Pavel. What a truly special house they have and share it with you. They are wonderful, warm, genuine people and marvellous hosts and we were very sad to say goodbye to them. Me especially as they shared the love for my country. Muchas gracias y hasta pronto!

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed 3 February 2013

What a pleasure it was visiting this wonderful house was during my recent visit to the delightful town of Brugge. This is a newly rennovated B&B has some of the most sumptous rooms I have ever seen - one with views over the main canal and the other (we had a quick look at this room courtesy of our hostess Annie) with gorgeous views over the rooftops of Brugge. Both rooms had the most luxurious bathrooms as well. This B&B is really for everyone! There is even a lift also for people who can't manage the ever-present stairs of Brugge (which I must say was brilliant when I came back laden with shopping one day).
Annie, the hostess just couldn't do enough for us and was extremely kind, accommodating and gracious. The conversations we had with Annie and Pavel will stay with us for the rest of our lives as such a unique and special experience. We loved to sit, talk and savour our delicious breakfast whilst admiring the ancient huge wooden beams, massive windows and lovely cosy fireplaces. Pavel is an talented artist and displays a number of his works throughout the house, not just in the gallery. I found his epic and lyrical canvasses captivating and suggestive of another world.
I would recommend this B&B to anyone at anytime. We will certainly come back time and time again
Thank you again Annie & Pavel for making this experience one I will never forget!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Our trip to Brugge topped all expectations for many reasons, including the experience provided by Annie and Pavel. They are the true definition of gracious hosts in a place that is beyond exquisite.
From the start of the experience of making the booking by phone, Annie was accommodating and welcoming. Follow up emails with my questions on details were kindly and quickly responded to; which eases any travel queries of being a first-timer in an unfamiliar place.
The home and room were beyond expectations and pointed with details making the experience relaxing and refreshing. We can't give enough accolades, truly, to such kind hosts and a wonderful environment they create as a result.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Very good welcome and a charming and lovely and recently refurbished guesthouse. The rooms are spacy, quiet. The lady of the house was so attentive. A lovely adress in the heart of the city. A car park is 5 minutes walk, and a bike rent is 7 minutes walk from the guesthouse.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I have been trying to work on this review for quite some time now because I want to do this place some justice. But I think words won't be enough. I've been traveling around Europe for a couple of months now and have stayed at all sorts of accommodations (B&Bs, hostels, luxury hotels, serviced apartments, etc.) and nothing is comparable to this amazing place. I'm a picky traveler and I notice the small things, but Jacquemine is completely spotless. It's the only place I've been to that has delivered more than my expectations. The house is rich with character and history, and every detail is attended to. I didn't have to ask for anything because Annie is always ahead of the game. She truly cares for her guests and would make sure everything is perfect for your stay. My room was also a dream. I wish I stayed longer just so I could spend days just staying in that lovely room. The windows face the garden and the canal, and there was plenty of natural light. The bed was immaculate with embroidered linens, and the sitting area was charming and perfect for some afternoon tea (there's a nespresso in the room). The location is also very convenient. It's 2 minutes (1 minute if you have longer legs) away from the center and there are many good restaurants around. And lastly, I have never met a better pair of hosts than Annie and Pavel. They made my trip a memorable one. They're lovely people and it was a joy meeting them. I think anyone would be lucky to stay at Jacquemine.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Never meet a place as perfect as the pictures of it.
The white bedroom on the garden is a delighted place.
Annie is a wonderful person. Her breakfast a generous way to begin the day.
Since we travel we never found a B and B Like this one.
We Will never Forget and go back to bruges only for it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Anyone who has stayed with Annie and Pavel in their other guesthouses (Number 11, Goose House) was likely waiting to see what would be next. I'd have to agree that with Jacquemine Luxury Guesthouse, they've done it again. And then some.
This property is gorgeous: where Number 11 was (and is) charming and different, Jacquemine is stately. Don't let the exterior---which can look a bit imposing from the street, fool you. This is pure Annie and Pavel: understated elegance that doesn't require you to come in your Sunday best, but lets you relax in your most comfortable traveling clothes.
Rooms:
two rooms, both spacious and beautiful. Lots of air and light. One on street side, one on garden side. I was lucky and got the garden--nothing like opening your window in the morning to a beautiful emerald green garden that sits hard-by the canal.
Bed:
one of the fluffiest comforters/duvets I've ever experienced in my life. I wanted to steal it, but think it might have been a bit obvious. All that fluffy down doesn't pack into a small rolling suitcase very well. ;)
Bath:
You may not want to leave the bathroom on a day when the Belgian weather sends people running for shelter in bars and cafes. It's a walk-in shower with one of those shower heads the size of a dinner plate. There's a hand held attachment as well. Then, if you prefer a soak, the tub has a lovely feature: Little arm rests.
The toilet is in a separate space from the bathtub and shower.
Here's something nice for anyone traveling with an older parent or with mobility issues: as old as the house is (ask about the history) Annie and Pavel added an elevator when they remodeled. Genius. No problems for those who can't take stairs, and great for those of us who sometimes overpack.
Breakfast:
Yogurt, cereal, ham, cheese, breads, boiled egg, fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee, tea, you name it, you have it. You may not have to eat lunch and then you can splurge on a lovely dinner. And Annie and Pavel can direct you.
You will come a guest and leave a friend. Or at least a convert to the cult of Annie and Pavel. Enjoy.

Room Tip: I liked the garden room. If you would too, book early.