“first time I visited this restaurant”
Review of Pomperlut

Pomperlut
Ranked #21 of 734 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014

It was the first time I visited this restaurant. The food was great and the interieur of the place is so welcoming and out go the ordinary.
The service was great too. So a really great experience, I'm certainly going back.

2  Thank Liliane J
There are newer reviews for Pomperlut

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The restaurant is in a lovely old building dating from the 17 th century . Inside it has wooden mushrooms , a large fire place which must be really nice in winter and lovely chandeliers .
The menu is on a blackboard and as it is not in English Peter runs through it with you and explains everything .My wife had risotto with scallops which was wonderful and sea bass which was cooked to perfection by Peters brother the chef . I had the lamb which was really good .
The restaurant has a really good atmosphere and is romantic . there are 12 tables in the restaurant and Peter serves them all , even so the service is still ok. Relax and enjoy it , it is a wonderful find and one of the best restaurants i have eaten in . If you are going to be late make sure you let Peter know , if not after 20 mins he will give your table away as it is 10% of his nights turnover . I hope that one day i can return to this restaurant

2  Thank bryan a
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

A truly fantastic little restaurant. There are only about 8-10 tables in this magical little place. The menu is displayed on a blackboard set into the walk and the owner will take you through all the options. Knowing a menu changes frequently and the fact there are limited options is always a good sign in my book!

I had an absolutely fantastic mushroom risotto with scallops and then a beautiful piece of Provençal lamb cooked to perfection. The tarte tartin to finish was superb.

Everything about this place makes for a most memorable, unique experience. It really is something special.

Make sure you book, go and enjoy!

3  Thank eceg04
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had been searching for a restaurant in Bruges after Le Pettit Patron was closed. We came across Pomperlut on Tripadvisor, after reading the reviews we decided to book a table. The only negative reviews seem to be from people who turned up late, which once you see the restaurant you can understand why they were turned away.

Anyway...

The menu is written on a blackboard and changes everyday. The options were a good mixture to accommodate all tastes. I personally had kingprawn tempura with Serrano ham and salad to start and it was fantastic! For main I had lamb which was cooked perfectly and was really good. For dessert I had a essentially vanilla ice cream with whipped cream and chocolate sauce, which on face values doesn't sound all that but it was really good!

Overall, all I can say is this is a fantastic place. The man who runs the restaurant (Peter I think) works the entire restaurant himself so don't expect a quick turn around. However this is all part of the charm of restaurant, you should sit back and enjoy the surrounding. Both my partner and I were extremely impressed with Pomperlut and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

4  Thank James S
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were staying near Pomperlut and stopped in our first night to see if we could get a table. The brother that runs the front of the house was friendly when he told us that they were not able to take us, but gave us their card so we could call back if we wanted to. We had checked out the menu, and it looked wonderful, and the prices were actually pretty good for pricey Bruges, so the next afternoon we called and booked a table and had a wonderful dinner that night. As many have said, they have a fresh, local, constantly changing limited menu each night, depending on what is in season. Everything was absolutely delicious, and when we commented on the extraordinarily good risotto, Peter actually came back with his brothers personal, handwritten recipe to explain the technique that he uses. It was in Flemish, but he translated and even let us snap a picture of it for later reference as to proportions. Overall the evening was a perfect, and romantic evening on our honeymoon.

1  Thank tlc141141