“Would recommend!”

De Goede 13 B&B
Ranked #8 of 231 Bruges B&B and Inns
“Would recommend!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great location on the north west of town, we we're welcomed with smiles. The building is modern stylish and immaculately kept. The room was spacious, clean and quiet with everything you need to relax after hard day walking the cobbles. The owners take a great deal of pride in their B&B, and Brugge and were able to point out some local secrets of the town for us to visit. Breakfast was better than many I've had in much more expensive restaurants, and the fresh toast was to die for.

We're recommending De Goede to all out friends and family.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 14 March 2014

So romantic, lovely and quite place in 10 minutes walk from the city centre! Simply perfect! The owner is a very kind and welcoming man - helped us to plan the weekend in the best way. Wonderful holiday!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Takeley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Quite simply one of the finest hotels / B&B's I have stayed in. The hosts make you feel welcome and provide advice and local knowledge with passion and genuine warmth. The rooms are superb, clean and very spacious. The location is perfect for exploring Bruges. I cannot recommend De Goede 13 enough. Parking is plentiful (with timed cards or privately paid - Speak to the hosts) and the city of Bruges is a lovely 10 minute stroll away.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We received a warm welcome on Friday night and were shown to our lovely room with roof terrace. The room has been finished to the highest standard.

Breakfast was lovely and on Saturday morning our hosts gave us a map and lent a guide book to help us get the most out of our stay.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a lovely place to stay close to the city centre.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We were so lucky to have stayed at this BnB. Probably the best BnB I have ever stayed in. The room was spacious with a terrace overlooking the city, a spacious grand bathroom, a flat screen television, and an extremely comfortable bed. The design of the rooms was modern, and romantic and the same time.

The breakfast each morning was either pancakes or french toast, and a large assortment of fresh bread, meat, cheese and fruit.

The couple who run the BnB were also very lovely. When we arrived they provided us with: a travel guide for the city, a map and a walking tour that they had planned out (if you get a chance to go here DO THE WALKING TOUR, it was a perfect way to see all of the main sights). They also helped us research a trip to Flanders Fields.

After we had bought our selves some fine Belgium beers, the owners made sure that we had a bottle opener, and some proper glasses to drink them.

After I left, i realized that i had left my passport there, the couple were very helpful in helping me get my passport returned.

The location is just on the outskirts of the main city, but it is only a pleasant 15 minute walk to the center.

Overall one of the best BnB experiences I have ever had.

Room Tip: If you can get the room with the terrace - however this room only has a bath and no shower capabilit...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
los angeles
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights for a romantic weekend getaway in November, and it was a wonderful experience.
As soon as we were in front of their door, we were greeted with a smile and in French (my husband and I live in France and our transactions email were in french)-they were clearly anticipating our arrival! They even let us use their parking pass for the few hours before parking became free for the weekend.
Even though it was too early to check-in, the lovely hosts let us leave our bags upstairs, and left us to explore the city.
We were supposed to get a room with a shower, but we were instead happily given the choice of a room with a bathtub so we gladly chose the latter.
The room itself was spacious, very clean, charmingly decorated with many modern amenities (working heater, reading lights on bed, hotel-style lighting), fresh linens and well furnished. Being a germ-a-phobe, I have trouble sleeping in hotel beds, but I can safely say this was not the case at De Goede 13!
I think most of these other reviews give an accurate description, so I won't repeat all the comments, but some things I personally appreciated were the owners' attentiveness and attention to detail-they really were very helpful.
For example the first morning I had black tea with my breakfast, and the second day, she had remembered what I had and ha it already waiting for me. We also had a water pitcher next to our bed that was refilled each day, and a candy bowl that was always full. That's service.

There are many B&Bs out there with hundreds of reviews, but I think this one is well worth considering for your next trip to Bruges.
Chantal and Chris deserve your business, they've proved it!

Oh and PS, we are pretty stingy tippers, living in Europe and all, but we did leave a tip this time, and voluntarily!

Room Tip: I liked the room with the bath tub :)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed here 2 nights for a weekend break in October 2013, and it has to be one of the best, if not the best, B and B we have stayed in.

We received a welcome email thanking us for our booking and I then asked for restaurant recommendations - we got an email back with about 8 suggestions so I could do my research and booked accordingly! Such helpful advice.

Our friendly welcome by Chris set the tone for the weekend and we loved our room with the roof terrace - as others have mentioned, the room was generous in size, wonderfully comfortable bed with lovely linens - elegant carafes of water on each bedside table, small bottle of wine and bowl of Belgian chocolates to nibble on plus a kettle to make our own tea/coffee. Bathroom - generous fluffy bath towels plus a range of toiletries and a blow dryer - what more could a girl want!! The whole B and B is beautifully decorated - with the convenience of a lift to save your back with the luggage. Our breakfasts were delicious; juice, coffee, bowls of fresh fruit, homemade crepes one day and french toast the next, European platter of meats and cheeses and an abundance of breads to nibble on with a selection of preserves.

Chris gave us a map on our arrival on which he had noted various sections of the city to visit; off the beaten track and lent us a guide book.... on our last day he and Chantal generously offered for us to leave our bags after checkout time, borrow their large umbrellas as it was pouring with rain and last but not least, to run us to the train station on our return... we looked like drowned rats when we did get back and Chantal offered us a room to change into dry clothes for our journey.

Thoroughly recommend, great value for money, peaceful location yet only 15 mins walk to centre of Bruges, and such welcoming hosts - it is our plan to return in Spring!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple