“Terrible experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 41 Nightlife in Bruges
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We ordered Hoegaarden & Brugse Zot local beer from the tap which were not cold & tasted stale instead of crisp. Two people served us: first a young waitress who was rude & impatient, then a middle aged, bossy manager who was even more rude as she refused to bring an extra plate for the kids (6yrs + 8yrs old) - who wanted to share a lasagne - unless we paid 50 cent to cover for the extra cost involved for washing up of the extra plate as she explained in her own words. We were so shocked that we didn't even touch the lasagne which we reluctantly paid for in full along with the other food & drinks. No need to say that we didn't leave any tips! What an embarrassing, disgraceful experience in such an otherwise lovely town.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Nady L

• Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“No bread...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

First day in Bruges and we wanted to stop somewhere near our apartment for lunch, so happened upon De Vuurmolen. We all ordered food that was supposed to come with bread. No bread arrived with our food. We waited. We asked. It still didn't come. Waitress was very rude when we asked for a second time where it was. The food wasn't great either. And we never got any bread. Best avoided.

3 Thank Julia W
Johns Creek, Georgia
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Get drinks, not dinners”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We were wandering around in the rain, looking for a place to duck into for lunch and happened upon De Vuurmolen. There were people seated outside under the awning, although I did not see if they were eating.

We all ordered pizza, which we had seen advertised on their sign outside. One of my sons and I ordered ham and cheese pizza. My husband and other son ordered pepperoni, after asking if pepperoni was sausage or peppers. In many European countries it means peppers. Our waitress said it was sausage, ok, pepperoni it is.

Pizzas came and it was abundantly clear that they were frozen pizzas. Perhaps only frozen crusts that they doctor up there, but certainly not fresh made pizzas. I ate part of mine, it is probably the worst pizza, short of buying my own cheap frozen pizza, that I've ever had. To top it off, both my husband and son, who ordered the pepperoni, have been sick to their stomachs since about an hour after we ate there. Not good. It's been about 8 hours.

My suggestion... Stop there for drinks, but don't eat there. And if you must eat there, don't order the frozen pizza.

5 Thank Busy Marie