“Excellent all round”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Mezzes in this restaurant were amazing. Especially the calamari and eggplant rolls. We had the rose wine which was fabulous. Fantastic service and ambiance. Great location. Definitely worth going.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across this pretty restaurant and had great service, drank the extremely good house white wine but didn't think too much to the food. Both meals we had did not impress at all perhaps we should have gone for smaller plates rather than main meals. Hopefully it was just an one off off experience because other than the less than average food the restaurant got everything else right.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I have been in Bruges all week on a work conference (it's our second time here). We love food and I have to admit I am sometimes a picky eater and sensitive to spices, but I also love to try new things. We had some really awful experiences this week in the city (a lot of over seasoning and spice, and one place microwaved all their dishes!), but we were so relieved and content to find a gem of a restaurant so close to our hotel.

We ordered the filo pastry starter with lamb and cream cheese and the crusted smoked cheese to share. Both were delicious. For the main my husband had the lamb chops and I had salmon, and they were superb!! The white house wine was just perfect, light and crisp, even without the food it would have stood up amazingly on it's own. We live in Italy and I am picky about wine. I should have asked what brand and year this carafe was because I loved it and not a drop was left after the meal. We had to have dessert after such a satisfying meal; I had the mousse (peaches and greek yogurt) and my husband had the baklava. We were completely happy and full afterwards. The host then offered us a liquor on the house, which we enjoyed throughly. Offering an after dinner liquor is a sign of a good establishment who values it's customers, and was much appreciated.

I can't say enough positive about this restaurant. The meal was exactly what we were looking for and all ingredients were fresh and delicious. The salmon had the most scrumptious savoury bread crust that I will try to replicate at home!! Thank you again for the best meal we had after a week in Bruges! If we lived here we would be regulars, no question.

We reserved for 7pm and showed up a bit early, although the restaurant was fairly quiet until 8pm or so. They open at 5:30pm so if you show up early they will likely have room! This is lucky as many restaurants in Bruges are full by 7pm without reservation.

1  Thank CanadianInItalia
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The short story: visit this place. It's authentic Greek food, run by Greeks and you will be happy with your choice.

The long story:
This was the perfect choice for our first dinner in Bruges. We both did the mezze dinner, which is a never ending (until you say so, at least) parade of small plates, finishing with dessert for around €33/person. It was well worth the price! Everything was incredibly delicious, and it was fantastic to have the opportunity to try so many different dishes. It's a chef's choice kind of meal, so you never know what is coming next (ours started with some dips including tzatziki, meatballs, dolmades, chicken skewers, grilled pork, lamb, green beans, potatoes, mushrooms in white wine sauce, beets, several seafood dishes, chicken in perhaps a mustard sauce, culminating in a dessert of baklava and Greek yogurt with honey. After our meal, we ordered a Greek coffee and a freddo cappuccino. I don't know if the freddo cappuccino is even on the menu, but it was every bit as good as the ones I've had in Greece.

While the food is reason enough to visit this amazing restaurant, the service and ambiance add to the wonderful experience. Every one of the staff members made us feel at home. They were very friendly and very attentive. After almost 3 hours at the restaurant, we felt like part of the family (and also felt like hopping on a plane to Greece). We reminisced on our trip to Greece last year, and talked to the staff a bit about Greece. The decor is a classy beach-themed paradise. I might even make a copy of the bar for myself.

I can honestly say that this is the best time I can remember ever having at a restaurant, and I am considering going back there tonight.

Efharisto!
- the Californians

1  Thank beeeechbum
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I couldn't express it enough how much we enjoyed the place. Food that makes you lick your fingers and few shots of ouzo to flush it all down. The staff is very friendly and helpful. And of course atmosphere that takes you to a little trip to Greece.