“Lovely place”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Had a great family meal, read the reviews and decided to give it a try. Glad we did. Food was great & rose wine was too. Would recommend

• Greek first
Potton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Staff - Great Food!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Went there tonight Sunday 25th May with my wife and two kids.

Had the meze and we were not dissapointed at all.

Place was spotless, the staff were very friendly and nice to the kids and the Meze was very tasty.

If you get a chance to go there then do so, you will not be dissapointed.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MayoEM
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent all round”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Mezzes in this restaurant were amazing. Especially the calamari and eggplant rolls. We had the rose wine which was fabulous. Fantastic service and ambiance. Great location. Definitely worth going.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great service and wine.....”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across this pretty restaurant and had great service, drank the extremely good house white wine but didn't think too much to the food. Both meals we had did not impress at all perhaps we should have gone for smaller plates rather than main meals. Hopefully it was just an one off off experience because other than the less than average food the restaurant got everything else right.

Ottawa, Canada
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I have been in Bruges all week on a work conference (it's our second time here). We love food and I have to admit I am sometimes a picky eater and sensitive to spices, but I also love to try new things. We had some really awful experiences this week in the city (a lot of over seasoning and spice, and one place microwaved all their dishes!), but we were so relieved and content to find a gem of a restaurant so close to our hotel.

We ordered the filo pastry starter with lamb and cream cheese and the crusted smoked cheese to share. Both were delicious. For the main my husband had the lamb chops and I had salmon, and they were superb!! The white house wine was just perfect, light and crisp, even without the food it would have stood up amazingly on it's own. We live in Italy and I am picky about wine. I should have asked what brand and year this carafe was because I loved it and not a drop was left after the meal. We had to have dessert after such a satisfying meal; I had the mousse (peaches and greek yogurt) and my husband had the baklava. We were completely happy and full afterwards. The host then offered us a liquor on the house, which we enjoyed throughly. Offering an after dinner liquor is a sign of a good establishment who values it's customers, and was much appreciated.

I can't say enough positive about this restaurant. The meal was exactly what we were looking for and all ingredients were fresh and delicious. The salmon had the most scrumptious savoury bread crust that I will try to replicate at home!! Thank you again for the best meal we had after a week in Bruges! If we lived here we would be regulars, no question.

We reserved for 7pm and showed up a bit early, although the restaurant was fairly quiet until 8pm or so. They open at 5:30pm so if you show up early they will likely have room! This is lucky as many restaurants in Bruges are full by 7pm without reservation.

• Visited April 2014