Hotel Martin's Relais
NH Brugge(Bruges)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$162
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brugge Centrum(Bruges)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$115
ibis
  • Restaurant
Novotel Brugge Centrum(Bruges)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$218
US$206
  • Room Service
1,015 results
All reviewscanal viewthe main squarelovely hotelold buildingoverlooking the gardenthe ground floorcobbled streetsmoked salmonantique furnitureold world charmspacious roomreception stafflarge windowschampagne breakfastlots of characterhotel is situatedhigh ceilings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2008

My wife and I travelled to Bruges via Eurostar to Brussels and then on to Bruges, about 50 minutes on clean and punctual train - so unlike England! The hotel is all one could ask, spacious bedroom overlooking the canal, excellent bathroom and very good breakfast. Staff extremely friendly and helpful, all speaking perfect English - we are so lazy! Very near to good little restaurants for dinner, no more than five minutes walk. Perhaps ten minutes walk to the main square(I am 81 so not quite as fast as I have been!) Altogether a delightful experience, would go again happily.

TGG. Suffolk

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank GrazzaSuffolk
Reviewed 12 August 2008

My wife and I spent 2 nights here and were not disappointed. We were, if other reviews are anything to go by, lucky to have been allocated a very spacious room on the top floor. It was quiet (apart from some noisy fellow-guests on the first night, but that's the luck of the draw!) and comfortable. The bathroom was also large and, whilst I would agree that a bit of cash could have been spent on renewing some of the grouting, it was totally adequate. Plenty of hot water, Bulgari soaps and shampoo and clean towels each day. There was a bit of dust around the bedroom floor if you looked for it, but by and large, it was clean and pleasant to return to at the end of a long day's walking. The breakfast was comprehensive with all the usual choices including bacon and scrambled eggs and Champagne if you can face it first thing in the morning. Staff extremely friendly and accommodating at all times, if a little slow on the uptake in the breakfast room. Excellent location for exploring the city, but far enough away from the noise of the Markt and Burg areas. Perhaps it is time to invest in a touch of modernisation but not, please, at the cost of losing its undoubted charm.

One final piece of advice: the mosquitoes are vicious! Don't under any circumstances leave a window open at night. We did and were eaten alive on night 1. I thought I had eradicated the problem on night 2, but not so, there were a couple of the little sods still knocking about , but with nowhere near such horrendous results as the previous night. The downside of being next to a canal, I suppose.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roommates
Reviewed 27 March 2008

Having read some of the reviews before going , I arrived at the hotel full of foreboding. I need not have worried. The hotel was marvellous in every respect. The staff were friendly and very helpful, the public rooms were impressive and our room, No. 5, on the ground floor, was everything we could have wished for. Spacious, comfortable, tastefully decorated and furnished, with a small but very nice bathroom (furnished each day with Bulgari toiletries). Everything was kept spotlessly clean and we were supplied with bottles of orange juice and water every day. The buffet breakfast, served in an attractive dining room overlooking the canal, was excellent and included champagne and smoked salmon at no extra charge. The hotel does not provide food at other times but there are two very good restaurants literally two minutes walk away, whilst the Markt and the Burg are only a few further minutes away. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

2  Thank Ryden8
Reviewed 10 January 2008

The hotel is owned by the same owner as the one I stayed for about 1y in Lille, so they booked for us a very nice room (deluxe, top floor, canal view).

Overall very good experience but I agree with other comments I saw on trip advisor : very good location but too expensive compare to usual standards. The hotel is really close to city center, but is not worth +200€ !

I didn't have any issue with room cleanliness or housekeeping, but make sure to book a deluxe room and ask for a nice room on a top floor.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fred1503
Reviewed 6 August 2007

The only thing this hotel has going for it is it's location. The furnishings are shabby, the staff are surly and it is overpriced. The hotel has a lot of potential, consisting of 4 gentleman's houses fused together, it has historic charm. However, in it's current form this is a 2 star masquerading as a 4 star hotel. A musty smell pervades the entire building, if the management is listening 'time for some investment in furnishings, fittings and a customer service training course for staff'..... . There are much better hotels in Bruges in this price range.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Eddiebig