Hotel Martin's Relais
US$166
US$160
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Hotel Bourgoensch Hof(Bruges)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$191
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
1,032 results
All reviewscanal viewthe main squarelovely hotelold buildingoverlooking the gardenthe ground floorcobbled streetsmoked salmonantique furnitureold world charmspacious roomreception stafflarge windowschampagne breakfastlots of characterhotel is situatedhigh ceilings
Reviewed 26 May 2006

I always check my hotels on tripadvisor before I book but so glad that I ignored the negative reviews on this amazing little hotel. After the short drive to Bruges we finally found the hotel situated next to the canal in a peaceful location.
Once you walk in you can see the old fashioned style they have kept so well even though its only a small hotel they have put the effort in. After checking in we had only booked a standard room as only staying for 1 night but we were very pleased with what we got. Room number 5 was a lovely small room with high ceilings and huge windows over looking the small garden near the bar. The bathroom was very small but this didn't bother us, the thing that made it special was the fresh flowers placed in the sink!!!
Our nights stay did include breakfast and it was in the breakfast room at the far end of the hotel and it was well presented.
We didn't opt to use the hotel parking which is actually 10 mins away from the hotel as we found it cheaper to leave the car in a public car park for the night. It saved us 12 Euros on the price of the hotels.
Overall the hotel is a good find and in a great location and would recommened it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank Markandnige
Reviewed 17 May 2006

What can I say, it was just so special to stay in such a wonderful hotel.

A perfect location, simple check-in (room available at 1100) and helpful staff

We immediately fell in love with the room, large beams, flowers in the bathroom and a balcony with patio furniture.

The breakfast is great too, smoked salmon and champagne!

The hotel will always have a special place in our hearts as it was on the balcony of the hotel where I asked my girlfriend to marry me!

• Stayed: May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
London, England
Reviewed 19 April 2006

The hotel has a nice location, a decor that needs updating (shabby chic is nice but worn out stair carpet is not) and a somewhat musty smell. Booking at the last minute for easter weekend, we unfortunately ended up paying a hefty USD 250 for a twin room via expedia for a one night stay. And, that was without breakfast! (Although they did tell us immediately upon check-in it was not included).

That said, the room we stayed in, #27, was absolutely stunning. High ceiling, wood beams throughout, newly-renovated modern bathroom (even bathrobes and soaking salts for a hot bath were provided.) Attaching a photo.

The room was also probably the largest double room I've ever seen in any hotel in Europe.

• Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
London, Uk
Reviewed 21 February 2006

Having read the reviews I had mixed feelings about staying at the Relais Oud Huis. The website is very impressive however I cant say the same for the hotel room that we where allocated. Our room was dark and smelt very musty. Although the room was clean it certainly could have done with a lick of paint. The reception /lounge area was the best part.

Warning: Upon checkout we where asked if we had eaten breakfast on both days. When I replied yes (??) she said 'that will be an additional 20 Euro per person per day'. No where on my Eurostar confirmation does it say breakfast is not included or on the hotel website. I never book where breakfast isnt included so its was to my surprise when I was going to be charged an addtional 80 Euro. The lady at the reception desk got rather stroppy with me when I questioned her - you would think that the gentlman that checked us in would have mentioned that breakfast was an addtional charge.

Lastly if you book this hotel via the Eurostar website it claims to be a 4* hotel - its only 3* so don't be fooled.

I can only recommend this hotel on location.

• Stayed: February 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 February 2006

Having stayed in this hotel in February 2000 we immediately fell in love with it. The rooms very spacious and exceptionally clean and each room had a welcoming box of chocolates. Tea and coffee was free whenever you asked for it and the location perfect for seeing both side of Bruges. The overall ambience of the hotel was excellent, the owner and his staff very friendly and the barman Claude made our stay memorable. So much so we sent my sister here in 2003 for her birthday and she too had a memorable stay. We have just come back from a 3 night stay with my parents and were very disappointed. We have assumed the hotel is under new ownership as the hotel is very dowdy, rooms although comfortable were not clean and smelled heavily of smoke. The breakfast was poor - most mornings there was limited availability of hams, cheeses and the fresh fruit bowl had rotten fruit in it. They ran out of beer on the second night and on the third night I witnessed the 'bar person' taking lumps of cork out of a glass of wine with his fingers and then passing it to a customer. We heard customers complain and staff seemed indifferent. So sad as this really was an exceptional hotel. I know we won't be going back again.

• Stayed: January 2006