“Great accommodation, good service if you get the right person.”
Review of Hotel Salvators

Hotel Salvators
Ranked #59 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My partner and I stayed in room 41 and I can honestly say that their website does not do the room the justice it deserves. It is a gorgeous room with an exceptional and modern bathroom that automatically turns the lights and fan on when you walk in. The bed was fluffy and comfortable and a welcome respite after a day out in the cold! Also the bath tub in the bedroom (which is partitioned from the bed) was just divine.

The room was very clean. There was a lot of space including storage. Although it is a room with a double bed, there is also another sleeping area for one person tucked away in a little cove of the wall which has a tv.. good if you have an extra person travelling with you.

Breakfast is a buffet and the staff even offer to cook you waffles or eggs if you want them. They also make fantastic coffees. It was a good size buffet with a good selection of food. There is a cat wondering around the kitchen/restaurant area who seems friendly, but may play havoc to anyone with cat allergies as it likes to rub up against everything leaving its hair everywhere.

The only complaint I will make is when we arrived, we walked into the reception area and could not see a receptionist. There was a young lady sitting at the ''common use'' computer who looked at us then continued doing what she was doing, so we assumed she was another guest. We walked over to the reception and rang the bell which is when she hopped up and came to see us. She gave us the minimum amount of information and did not look at me once. I had made the reservation and was the one actually paying for the accommodation, but she only greeted and spoke to boyfriend and completely ignored me. I was also the one doing the talking.. which made it an obvious injustice.

The girl who was on the next day (who made us waffles) was very helpful and addressed both of us. She was very approachable and nicely mannered and I am thankful that she made the remainder of our stay pleasant.

There were road works on our street during our stay however we were never disturbed by any noise and as we had not driven, we were unaffected by this.

In all, the accommodation (room 41) was exceptional. I would stay there again. Just be aware that if you are a young female, you may be made to feel invisible. This is what brought my overall rating down as I believe customer service is imperative to the experience.

Room Tip: Room 41!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 May 2011

Stayed for a long weekend and had a lovely time.Location is perfect just off the market square.Everything easy to walk too.Hotel was great find,really good value.Breakfast was great. Was 10-15 mins walk from the train station.Dont listen to anyone that says its longer.You really dont need a car.Cobbled streets and more bikes than I have seen in any other city. Lots of places close by to eat..Bruge seams to have restaurants,chocolate shops and beer shops/bars everywhere. Would recommond De halve man brewery your,great guide and the "quote"best beer in the world. Great place to visit if you want a romantic weekend. Speedy the cat is mega friendly.Jumped on my lap and feel alseep lol.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2011

After searching TA reveiws for the perfect hotel to stay in, I finally decided on Hotel Salvators.
I choose it based on price, location, and according to the reveiws here, quirkiness, and a good breakfast!

I can't say I was disappointed in the hotel. but I can't say that I was impressed either.

The location was definitely perfect - a short walk to everywhere.
The staff, according to the reveiws here should have been super friendly, and they were most definitely not. They seemed very stand-offish, actually. But to be honest, this doesn't bother me.

The Breakfast was ok, but nothing to rave about. My much anticipated waffle was hard and tasteless, and I didnt bother ordering it again. Paul enjoyed a bit of scrambled egg with ham.
I enjoyed a chocolate croissant, though, and the warm and sunny breakfast room.
I also enjoyed trying to befriend Speedy - quite an adorable cat, I must say!

The room - Hmmm - this gets mixed reveiws!
I, personally liked the room allot. We had a room on the top floor .(7, maybe or 6?)
It is the room with a couch, coffee table, small tv, refrigerator, fish tank and bathroom down below, and a loft area with the bed and a huge flat tv hung up on the ceiling/wall.
I loved the quirky-ness of it.
Hubby, on the other hand - hated the room!
He thought it was out-dated, 70's style, dark,and rather tight and awkward.

We peeked into the room across from us, and Paul much prefered that room, which was very sunny, and had a big whirlpool bath

It was definitely very hot and uncomfortable sleeping up in that loft area, even though we opened the windows. I was very nervous about falling down the ladder/steps at night, because I go the the bathroom often. At one point, I almost killed myself, because I woke up and not thinking where I was - went to pop off the bed at the foot, rather than climb over my hubby. If I had actually done this, I would have landed down on the bottom floor.
I definitely think they should put a rail up or something!

All & all, it was a good stay, no problems or real complaints.
I would recommend it, simply because it was a good price. I would probably try to stay somewhere else next time, but if I didnt find anything more appealing, I wouldnt hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2011

We loved the Hotel. We stayed in room 2 with the fish tank and outside seating area and were highly delighted with everything. The breakfast served until 10 was very nice with plenty of choice, can recommend the waffles!
The lounge/bar area was very comfortable and lovely to relax in after a long day sightseeing, and the complimentary tea and coffee was a nice touch. Speedy the cat was very friendly! The hotel was in an ideal position to get about on foot and an easy walk to the bus station. We would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel, and hope to return.

Room Tip: Central position. Close to restaurants
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2010

We stayed at Hotel Salvator for two nights in early September. It's a lovely small hotel in a very good location in Bruges. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful in giving us directions to sights around town, restaurant recommendations, etc. They went out of their way to make our stay in Bruges wonderful. Although our room was small, it was very clean and well maintained.
The breakfast (included) was a very generous spread, with an offer of a cooked to order breakfast, as well as pastries, yogurt, etc. We had an early train departure, and they offered to make up a breakfast basket ahead of time for us. It was a feast!
We would definately stay at Hotel Salvator again, and recommend it witout hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheVacationQueen1
Reviewed 26 June 2010

We liked the design & the atmosphere. nothing like a conventional hotel.
the only downfall in our room was the transparent curtain. we had full day light since 5 a.m.
the hotel is situated in a very quiet place & you can walk few minutes to all the main attractions. the breakfast was very good & served in a nice lounge (also got free internet point). absolutely worth the price. there is a great restaurant right in front of the hotel "Cardinalshof".

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in Bruges for a short break, we found the hotel charming, friendly and very quirky. We would for sure stay here again!

The room we stayed in (Room 41) was a great room/suite with large but basic kitchen, huge built in aquarium and huge bath in the room, there was also a separate bathroom with excellent shower. This room is situated in a separate building across from the main hotel. The lighting was atmospheric, but that wasn't a hindrance.

Bruges is a small town, but beautiful to walk around by foot. You won't need any transport if you stay at this hotel. Belgians are true gourmands and you can see this in the amount and quality of food and drink on offer. The hotel also have lots of tips and recommendations for you to discover.

The hotel has 2 free parking spaces, but if they are not available, there is cheap parking close by.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple