“Great host”

Andre's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #98 of 232 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Spent just an evening in Bruges and arrived very late, however Andre was great about it - waited for us, even gave us a map for a late night walk through the city and the breakfast was very rich.

Just a tip - don't walk from his place to the old town at night as it's quite a long walk. Just get a cab or your car as there is lots of space to park in the evening time.

Happy traveling!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Andre essentially rents out his guest bedrooms, you feel more like a guest at a house than in a hotel. The rooms are very clean and confortable, Andre himself is very welcoming and can give you lots of tips on how to see the best of Bruges without spending a lot of money. The breakfast is also very good quality. I definately intend to go back.

Room Tip: There are only 3 I think and they are all nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed there for 3 nights between 19/12 and 22/12/2012. Andre came to pick us up at the train station and had everything already prepared for us in terms of brochures, recommendations for the best pubs/restaurants etc. Everything was great (particularly the breakfast with his wife's home-made jams which are a delight!) and Andre made sure we had everything we needed (e.g. I'd forgotten a few bits and bobs like my hair dryer and Andre provided it all for us). He was quite the international host being fluent in at least 5 languages and having a good conversational understanding of several other languages. The house was so welcoming it felt like staying at a relative's home. The bikes he lent us worked perfectly well too. The only little problem at the time was that the bedroom walls were a bit thin and the next door couple turned out to be quite proactive in bed. Also, the town-centre is fairly near-by but with our luck we got rain throughout the whole of our stay so walking 20min in the rain wasn't the best (but then we had to do that in town anyway so didn't make much of a difference... and I can't blame the rain on Andre’s B&B!).
Apart from that I highly recommend staying at Andre's as the hosts will make you feel just like at home. You might even get the chance to leave with a pot of one of his wife’s amazing jams!

Room Tip: (No swimming centre/swimming pool but didn't want to rate it down)
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 11 March 2013

First off, Andre picked us up from the train station at about 9 at night, saving us taxi fare/a walk through a new city.

Breakfast was an assortment of fantastic bread and pastries, with a range of tea/coffee, cheese and salami, and more home-made jam than you can wave a stick at. The latter is for sale at three bucks a jar, I implore you to take advantage of this.

The B&B is a twenty minute walk from the town centre, and there is a handy supermarket and a fantastic gastropub, Parazza, en route.

Our room was of more than adequate size, very comfortable beds, plenty of clean towels, a sink/mirror en suite and a shared bathroom/shower about three steps down the hall. The shower is AMAZING.

We had a wonderful stay in Bruges, and knowing our accommodation was so good made coming home at the end of the day as much of a pleasure as setting forth in the morning. If we go back some day, Andre will be the first to know.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My wife and I stayed at Andre's over Christmas and had a lovely time. He and his wife were very inviting, up for a chat and happy to give out their expansive local knowledge. Breakfast is very nice and the homemade jam is delicious, particularly the rhubarb. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Andre and his wife Hilde made my son and i very welcome. We were picked up and dropped at the bus station and Andre provided us with a bus card and information on best places to eat, what buses to get etc. This made our trip so much more relaxing. They were very accommodating and even helped me out when i lost my phone by helping me to retrieve it. An absolute pleasure to be there and many thanks to both Andre and Hilde. I will definetely be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com