“The best waffles - even standing in the rain!”
Review of Chez Albert

Chez Albert
Ranked #2 of 51 Dessert in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian
Description: Eat and enjoy a fresh made Belgian Waffle @ the best waffle shop in the historic centre of Bruges!Toppings are available:- Real Belgian chocolate- Fresh whipped cream- Seasons specials!Share your experience on Tripadvisor or Facebook!
Reviewed 11 July 2014

It was pouring down rain, but we could smell these waffles all over the market area. There were 8 of us and we all enjoyed different combinations of chocolate, fruit and fresh whipped cream. The shop directly across from Chez Albert has the same owner and the staff working there invited us in out of the rain to eat our waffles. The young ladies were so helpful and friendly I must mention them here. We did make purchases in response to their kindness and helpful intervention. Chez Albert should know what good will they are creating! The chocolate smiles and no left-overs let me know that from our picky 6 year old to me the old one in the group - we all enjoyed the waffles! If they could get some seating and a bigger location - BRAVO! I am sure they would have 24 hour demand.

1  Thank 555Kittie

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Made fresh in front of you, with real melted chocolate. I had strawberries cream and chocolate for an authentic taste

1  Thank scott s
Reviewed 6 June 2014

If your are in Bruges, run, don't walk to the most delicious waffle on the planet! I had the waffle with the berries, chocolate and whipped creme. Truly a wonderful Bruges experience. Not sure of the hours, but they seem to keep normal shop hours and probably close around 6. Located in a small shop front off the square.

1  Thank LadyLuxeNYC
Reviewed 2 June 2014

OK, I was more than compulsive about trying the waffles in Bruges, Brussels, and Antwerp. If there can be a best, this conveniently located hole-in-the-wall was it. All were freshly made, hot, sweet and delicious (Leige) waffles. The plates were a little flimsy, and that is the only bad thing I can say. The servers were very pleasant and efficient.

1  Thank P A
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Freshly made waffles with all kinds of toppings available! But I find it hard to eat it while standing because it is served on a flimsy paper plate and a plastic fork so I walked a bit further towards Burg Square and found many park benches to the left across from the square where I could sit and enjoy my waffles while people watching.

2  Thank Kahurangi R