“Hotel for desperate tourist only”
Review of Park Hotel Brugge

Park Hotel Brugge
Ranked #86 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
London, United Kingdom
“Hotel for desperate tourist only”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We did not book any accommodation in Bruges and after realising the all the 20+ hotels we pop inside we're fully booked we entered the reception of this namely 4 star hotel.
We were really lucky to find a bit price room (159 euros) and without even seeing the room we took it. At the end of a day it was a 4* hotel!
I found a bit strange that they asked me to pay the bill straight away but I did.
As soon as we left the lobby and got into the lift I started to have some worries. The room was dark, old, smelly, with several broken little things. depressing. In the bathroom on top of the mould on the wall there was the used glass of the previous guest!
The bed was enough comfortable and the shower was ok.
The next morning we had breakfast in the large half empty dining room and I asked for a high chair for our 20 months baby. I was told in a quite impolite way that they did not have any left. I looked around and I actually did not see many kids so I asked how was it possible. I was told off and the waitress walk away. I walked around the all dining area and I count only 2 high hair!
Once one of the family using the high chair left it was brought to me. The breakfast itself was ok with pastry piled up in a bit a messy way as the rest. You probably can find this in a rainy boot camp breakfast van.
It was with great pleasure that we left the hotel!
Definitely the worst and most expensive of our 8 days trip with rude unhelpful staff.
I am even surprised that is considered a 4 star. Definitely is not more than 2. And even more surprised that someone write some decent reviews.
The real only positive thing is the location however it's existence has a very important scope: to accommodate desperate people like us who did not book anywhere in advance! At the Park hotel you will always find a room!

Room Tip: Avoid it unless desperate
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stef3010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was here with another couple for a weekend with Crusader Holidays. We had three nights with breakfast (cost including travel around £240 each) and my partner and I had room 422 on the top floor. Whist the decor of the room was certainly questionable (think 1980s travel lodge) the room was large, with a couple of chairs and a table overlooking the pretty market square and had a good size clean bathroom. I really liked it. A refurb wouldn't go amiss as it is quite dark but I thought it to be excellent value for money. Staff were helpful and accommodating and breakfast was fresh and plentiful (only hot food was either boiled or omlette type scramble) but the pastries and rolls were lovely as were the cheeses and fruit. I did miss having a kettle in the room so would recommend taking your own. I would definitely go back and the location is fab - a host of lovely restaurants opposite.

Room Tip: Room 422 (top floor) was high enough to be away from the noise, had a lovely view and was very spaci...
1 Thank SasW
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Nice clean hotel, central location directly next to Bruges train station.friendly staff. Lots of restaurants close by. Took boat on the canal which was lovely. Nice cobbled streets very traditional buildings plus lots of chocolate shops and tobacconists nearby

Room Tip: Booked twin room overlooking square, nice view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Champagne0812
Edinburgh
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed three nights at this Hotel while on a group trip to Bruges, Ypres and Brussels.
First impressions on arrival in the morning were that it appeared dismal and basic. The room was adequate but seemed very dull, could do with brighter colours and more powerful lighting.
Comfortable beds and the TV had a choice of channels, more than most other hotels I have stayed in.
Breakfast in the morning was the usual Continental, with good choice of bread rolls and pastries as well as Boiled or Scrambled eggs. Never saw much of the staff except at the reception and in attendance at Breakfast.
Rooms were clean and with a mini bar and free safe to store valuables. It would have been nice to have tea or coffee making facilities in the room but this was sadly lacking.
Overall, all I can say is that the Hotel was as previously stated "adequate"

Room Tip: Beware all the doors into the rooms open outwards so you have to be quick in transferring your lugga...
Crans-Montana, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Great hotel, super service, beautiful settings, the owner Mr. Strubbe is especially friendly an helpful,when staying in Bruges I wouldn't go anywhere else ! Great parking ! There are many restaurants and cafes nearby especially Bras café, just across the street.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Falkenberg1972
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel is not far from Brugge Station. it takes about 10-15 minutes by walk.
Big rooms with big bathrooms. The staff is friendly.
The receptionist was quite nice and told us what we can see in Brugge in a day, since we were staying there one night only. She also drew us a route on the map.
There are many restaraunts and cafe nearby.

Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We didn't book on the internet just went in but it was 6pm and we were tired and no vacancies in any other hotels nearby so this was a last resort - and it trully was a last resort lost in time. Very poor attitude at reception like you want a room then you take what we give. And OH - The room we had was on the 4th floor and barely had the basics in the bedroom three single beds with no glitz or glamour all very dowdy and old. No direction to the bedroom from the reception - . Breakfast was set back in the middle ages before modern days had come along. Value for money went out of this place when they first set the price. Saving grace was the location, sorry for Bruges which is such a lovely place - don't let this place spoil your trip.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Delten

Travellers are raving about these Bruges hotels