“Best ... Place ... Ever!”
Review of Cote Canal

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bruges
Cote Canal
Ranked #10 of 232 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 October 2008

Oh for shame, we only were in Bruges for two nights, and we only got two nights in the most marvelous place we haver ever stayed in. Just one more day, to sit by the canal and sip champagne, oh how glorious. One more day to experience Caroline's hospitality, enjoy the large room, romantic view, fabulous shower and bathtub. Oh, the agony of leaving this place!

And I mean every word. Count me in as a convert. We will return to Bruges and we will return here. There may be other great places in Bruges, but my husband and I will never know, because we would never stay anywhere else.

Caroline gave us great suggestions about what to see and where to eat, called us a taxi when we needed to leave. I could go on and on and on and on.

Stay there. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank RogueFour
There are newer reviews for Cote Canal

Reviewed 23 September 2008

I don’t normally write reviews on my experiences, mainly because I’m not very good at them. I had to make an exception for this B&B, the Cote Canal. I contacted Caroline by phone after reading such fantastic reviews on Trip Advisor about her hospitality. I have to say, she far exceeded our expectations. I planned to ask my now fiancé to marry me in Bruges and Caroline did everything in her power to help my plans and bookings.
Not to plan, I got carried away with the moment on our perfect 1st day and popped the question in the Cote Canal garden over looking the canal. It was perfect.
We had the best time in Bruges and our stay at the Cote Canal couldn’t be faltered. The room was beautiful and cosy and we had a great view of the canal. Breakfast was yummy and very tranquil when sitting in the garden on a nice summers morning. We used Caroline’s personal electric garage for a small fee.
All in all, I have nothing bad to say about our experience and I would recommend you try it for yourself. I can’t wait to return one day.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gavstars
Reviewed 21 September 2008

This is a wonderful B & B in a perfect setting overlooking the canal,and being just a few minutes from the centre of Bruges.The house is very peaceful and tranquil and was just right after spending a busy day walking round Bruges.
Our bedroom was at the top of the house and overlooked the canal , it had all those little touches which help make your stay extra special (bathrobes slippers and even a small basket of sweets).
Breakfast is taken round a large table and the choice of Cereals, fruit,cold meats and pastries seems to suit everyone tastes.
Caroline is always on hand to give helpful advise and recommendations.
We certainly hope to return one day soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2008

Perfect stay. Perfect B&B. Caroline is the most wonderful, considerate host we have ever had. Rooms were huge, beautiful. Breakfast fantastic. The location is 2 minute walk to the town square. The whole house is gorgeous and spotlessly clean. The backyard looks out on the canal and is so romantic.

Caroline is one-of-a kind. Her home is the nicest B&B we have ever stayed at. Wouldn't consider a trip to Brugge without staying here.

Be sure and ask her for great places to eat. She knows the yummy ones.

1  Thank luggageinhand
Reviewed 15 September 2008

After researching numerous B&B's on-line, we chose the Cote Canal for our stay in the Bruges area. This B & B is just charming and really adds a quality touch to a destination, which will take you back in time and history.
The Cote Canal is located on a side street and the backyard is over-looking a canal. You will enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and the history of the home, which dates backs several generations. The host (Caroline), will be attentive to your needs. Our room was just charming and over-looked the canal (with ducks and swans), in the back. We spent a beautiful afternoon out on the patio, eating lunch and just relaxing. I would highly recommend this B & B even if you can only stay for one night. This will really add to your trip. We hated to leave.

1  Thank trips07Florida
Reviewed 9 September 2008

I can honestly say that this is the friendliest and most beautiful place that I have ever stayed in. For starters, the setting - down a narrow street by a canal - is perfect. The decor of the whole house is simply beautiful. The shared downstairs areas (kitchen, dining area, sitting room) are luxurious but welcoming. The room we stayed in (Suite Clin d'Oeil) was large, comfortable and stylish, with a huge bed, period furniture and a giant bath - and all the extra touches (sweets, super-soft towels robes and slippers, lovely toiletries and more) made a great impression. The breakfast is as large as you like, with a range of sliced meat and cheese, home-made jams, fresh breads and teas and coffee. The hosts will also cook you fresh eggs etc, - they even made a special early morning trip to the fish market for us to get some smoked fish for breakfast when they found out we didn't eat meat. This is just one example of the helpful, welcoming approach the truly charming hosts take to all of their guests, offering just the right level of attention: if you want a lot of advice and help, they are happy to advise but if you want some privacy, you can have that too. Yes, Cote Canal is not a cheap option but for a truly special and memorable break it is worth every penny.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dawkins72
Reviewed 12 August 2008

By luck we found the Cote Canal, and by more luck, they had 2 rooms available.

The B&B is well located on the Canal, about 5 minutes from the Vismarkt (Fishmarket). From there everything is very close.

The rooms were spacious and well appointed. Breakfast was simple (continental). There were plenty of restaurants nearby.

Caroline was a very nice hostess and very informative. It is funny the B&B has become a tourist attraction because of the "dog in the window" from the movie "In Bruges".

It would be difficult to come up with any downside to Cote Canal. About the only suggestion I would make is to get larger pillows.

All in all a great weekend.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family