“Amazing place - delicious, unique, fresh, and beautifully presented” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sud - Food of Italy

Sud - Food of Italy
Ranked #157 of 701 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing place - delicious, unique, fresh, and beautifully presented”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have never written a review of a restaurant visit before but after visiting Sud I felt like I had to. Even though my wife and I visited Bruges 3 months ago, we still talk about how good the meals we ate there were. We were told about this place by a friendly B&B owner from Ypres, and were so impressed with the food that we visited again the next day. The owners told us that the ingredients were sourced from South Italy and they adapt their cooking to compliment what ever arrives. Not only is the food fresh and unique, it is visually stunning and more importantly cooked to perfection by a very, very talented chef. The delicious balance of flavours, textures and colours really sticks in our minds. It also worth mentioning how friendly, informative and welcoming the owners of this deli are. We felt comfortable to take our time, enjoy our food and a glass of wine in a relaxing environment. It felt like the owners had put a lot of their own personality into their business and I'm sure they will be hugely successful because of it. We will be visiting again in the autumn for sure, having lunch there every day!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Damion MO M

Bruges, Belgium
“Best Italian north of the Alps”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Until recently there was only one entry on my 'complaint list' regarding my home town Bruges : there wasn't half a proper Italian restaurant to be found.
SUD made me to drop this remark at once. Their sublime simple dishes in which taste and honesty come first are beyond category. Tornerò più spesso possibile.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank An O
Paris
“Real Italian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have visited Italian restaurants in many countries in Europe and this is probably the best. The food is so fresh, tasty and genuine. They have only two courses in the daily menu that changes every day. But you can safely go whenever you will and be sure to get always the most delicious Italian food. It is not the cheapest place but worth every penny.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Juhani S
Berlin, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Taste in every sense”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was by far the one of best dishes I have ever eaten in my entire life. Everything was fresh and super delicious. These guys import their food straight from Sicily in Italy. And it doesn`t stop. They also have very nice furnitures and they are extremely friendly and helpful at the same time. I loved it.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank rawdiggie
San Francisco
“Great lunch and take away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Away from the crowds in the market square this small gem of a restaurant and take away shop is a nice spot to enjoy authentic Italian cuisine served by a charming husband and wife team. Don't pass up the tiramisu.

Visited February 2014