Hotel Asiris
US$166
US$160
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Hotel Bourgoensch Hof(Bruges)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$74
US$69
US$321
Hotels.com
All reviewsduplex apartmentnice churchno lifttop floorlovely family runthird floorbreakfast roomcity centrepleasant stayshort strollclean hotelold housequiet streetreception areabreakfast was excellentpastriesshort stay
Reviewed 21 January 2009

After staying at this hotel by booking.com I wrote a reasonable, but not particularity positive review of this hotel anonymous. After that I got a rather unpleasant e-mail of the hotel owner.

What I said in the review was that the parking possibility is not suited for a big car - unless you want it scratched by the port you have to drive trough. As a positive point I said that you're allowed to smoke in this hotel, but that you do have to be careful for the fire alarms placed in the middle of the room. Further the breakfast was with only kind of meat - regular ham and out of yoghurt. Also the closet in the room had malfunctioning doors and there was a old stain of leakage on the ceiling.

In the e-mail the owner told me I was a moron and that I belong in a tent, not in a hotel. I noted these remarks as: I am a moron if I ever stay in his hotel again.

I would not advise anyone to stay in this hotel - you never know how you are going to rub this owner the wrong way.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank 28steHippo
Reviewed 2 July 2008

Have just returned from a three night break celebrating our wedding anniversary.

The hotel was in a very good location within easy walking distance of everthing. Situated in a very quiet street next to a church.

The hotel has its own off street parking located close by, reassuring if like me you don't like leaving your car on the street.
The decor of the hotel is best described as quirky in the public areas and adequate in the rooms.

We stayed on a B & B basis and the breakfast was very very good, good quality, good choice and something for every taste, each morning there was some thing different from the day before, a credit to the owners.
If you are looking for a budget hotel on B & B you wil have to go a long way to find anything better.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2008

Both my wife and I thought that this hotel and the owners could not do enough to make our stay memorable. Rooms and breakfast were first class as was the hospitality. Close to all amenities . Would certainly think about returning next year

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 27 April 2008

I'm not quite sure what to make of this B&B, after having stayed there for 3 days in April.

Positives

Nice, clean room (single) with good view over rooftops of Bruges

Central location-Only 10 minutes (max) walk to Markt

Substantial breakfast

Only 1 minute walk to canal and bus stop (buses 4 & 14 run very frequently to/from railway station)

Price-50euros per night-good for Bruges

Negatives

Single room is on top floor which is very tiring to reach (and I've run marathons!)

There is basically no receptionist outside of 11-6ish, which might give the whole place a slightly unfriendly feel. Security cameras are used instead,and someone will come to help you check in/out. This made me feel that Big Brother was watching me!

Would I stay there again. Yes probably as it is good value and convenient, but it is a place that is hard to love.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Lone Wolf2
Reviewed 12 December 2007

Like a previous reviewer I was asked to fill in a review. Having given a low mark for service I was sent an e-mail almost demanding to know why. I explained that no tea, coffee or even shampoo were replenished and that when I requested a tea bag I was rudely told to go away as they don't do that. Having replied to explain this and expecting an apology, I received a very rude e-mail telling me that the hotel is not in England, they only provide these items on arrival and that if that's what I want don't stay in a cheap 2 star hotel. The Hotel is not cheap, far from it, there are better options and please take the owners advise, DON'T stay here!!

Stayed: December 2007