“Disappointing.”
Review of AM/PM

AM/PM
Ranked #55 of 232 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2009

We were really looking forward to our stay here. The architectural elements were really amazing- very clean lines, very modern. The room had enormous windows and silver and read accents- lovely at first glance. However, there were many oddities about this B & B. First, they never came in to freshen up the room. When we ran out of toilet paper, they had no more to replace it. Second, there was a terrible mesquito and spider problem in the room. The windows were gorgeous, but we couldn't open them. After one night of open windows I had bites on my arms, legs, back, face, even my eyelid! Third, the breakfast room was in their living space, and their two small children would be crying, or screaming, while we ate breakfast. They also changed diapers in the room while we were eating. Fourth, breakfast was served at a long table shared by all the guests- some travelers may be into this forced socializing at 8:30 am, but my husband and I prefer to have privacy in the morning. Overall, this was a disappointing experience. I had hoped for better everything considering the price of the room.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DCBNY
There are newer reviews for AM/PM

Reviewed 18 May 2009

Very good looking on the website, but when we visited we found that some of the basic stuff was not that good. The toilet and bathroom were separated from the room with a thin MDF wall, and a big gap to the ceiling did nothing for sound insulation. The room could not be darkened properly at night. And there was no TV.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ubw
Reviewed 28 April 2009

Am/Pm is set in the nicest of places you could wish ,just a short (maybe less than 10 mins) leisurely pleasurable walk into the fantastic Brugge.
The house is outstanding ,the live in hosts Tiny and Kevin are so friendly they make you feel like one there own family.
Believe all the reviews about this incredible modern house built into the pre war property ,oh how we would love to live there.
Easy to find from the station (8 mins ) a lovely walk alongside the canal in the park,it was perfect for Caroline and I.
They even play your requests over brekky.
Very reasonably priced it is well recommended by us,and hey and were fussy!!!
Well done and thanks to Tiny and Kevin,best of luck.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John W
Reviewed 26 October 2007

I stayed one night at the AM/PM and was really happy I chose this B&B. Tiny was there to greet me when I arrived and show me the room and everything I needed. She even provides a guidebook of local things to see and local recommended restaurants. The Web site photos are accurate so if you like what you see you will be happy with the accomodations. I would like to stay at this property on future visits to Brugge.
If arriving by train make sure you exit out of the front of the train station. I didn't realize there was a back exit and ended up going out the wrong side causing myself a long walk getting lost. If you make sure to exit by the front of the station, where the bus station is, and follow the instructions provided by Tiny, finding the AM/PM is a breeze.
Tiny's husband Kevin was great and provided the access to free Wi-Fi. I was able to leave my bags after check-out at their B&B giving me more time to sightsee. Both Tiny and Kevin provided great sightseeing information for my future destination of Berlin.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 13 May 2007

With Tiny and Kevin's creativity, and hard work, they made AM/PM a great and fantastic B&B for everyone. They even made small tourist guidebook with detailed restaurant information on it. The location is great, about 10 minute walk from the station and to the center of Brugge. There is also a small canal in front of the house, so you can enjoy fresh air and have great views of the canal. Our room is in 2nd floor and very stylish, clean and cosy. They offer huge breakfast with a variety of bread, coffee, juice, cheese, cookies and all sorts of jam and butter. Highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank sharontseng
Reviewed 29 April 2007

We really enjoyed our stay at AM/PM. The location was great and Tiny and Kevin were so helpful. They spoke many different languages and were able to converse with all of their guests. The room was small, but very, very clean and cozy. The work they have done to their home has just been amazing! Anyone who has ever attempted any sort of do-it-yourself renovation will have a huge appreciation for Tiny and Kevin. The location was perfect; quiet, but had easy access to the main part of the town. I would highly recommend AM/PM to anyone looking for a reasonable, clean, friendly place to stay. You will not be disappointed. Matt & Kathy- Minnesota

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TeamDixon
Reviewed 4 October 2006

This bed and breakfast was started by a young architect and his partner in an old apartment building which they completely gutted and renovated. It's very modern and comfortable. The location is excellent, only steps away from one of the southern main gates of Brugges center. You cross a canal over an old bridge (watchtower still there) to walk into a magical city of bicycles, pedestrians, horses, and a few unwanted cars. Parking is free at the AM/PM bnb or you can take the train which is in walking distance. The place was quiet with a beautiful view of the canal and trees. The food was SUPERB ... brought to us in bed, up three flights promptly at 8:30. We had enough to tide us over for lunch. If you can, get the third floor or second floor room facing the street (it is a dead end so no traffic). It's tricky to find by car as it is a small road right before the gates -- looks like a park walking road ... Singel 10 is address ...but take it and you'll see the apartments on your right. You won't regret it! We paid 60 euros for two September 2006. The location is really superb and extremely quiet. The two owners were very attentive. Rent a bike while you are there! Brugges is entirely about biking! ----

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple