“Good quality bikes and low prices”
Review of Bruges Bike Rental

Bruges Bike Rental
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We rented a couple of bikes for 4 hours at 7 euros each. The bikes were very good quality, ran smoothly and came with locks and whatever other accessories you wanted free of charge. We got one city bike and one mountain bike, and they also have tandems available. The staff were very helpful and friendly. You have to leave something, like credit card number, as deposit for return of the bikes, but the staff were very helpful in giving me back the piece of paper with the number when the bikes were returned in one piece. Bruges has some lovely cycle routes, I recommend the loops around the outside of the city, on traffic-free cycle routes, past the old gates and windmills.

3  Thank Sph33
in 12 reviews
"euros"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I rented two bikes to bike out to Zeebrugge for the day. The bikes we rented handled the 30 mile ride with ease and at a very adequate price of 14 Euros total. Be sure to get to the shop easy, as they open at 10am and sell out fairly quickly. Also, the location is a bit odd as the storefront is half bike rental and half hair salon, so be sure to map out the location prior to heading over.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We rented a bike for a day from Bruges Bike Rental. The shop is not very easy to find but with the help of a friendly local (plenty of them here!) we managed to get there. The owner was really friendly and helpful. He gave us a map and suggested routes to us. We ended up cycling all the way to Sluis (across the border to the Netherlands!) and it was an exceptionally nice ride alongside the canal. The route was flat and very easy and the scenery was amazing. We had lunch in Sluis before cycling back to Brugge for a well-deserved Waffle.

We were really happy that we decided to rent the bikes on our own instead of going with a tour group. We cycled at our own pace and stopped whenever we wanted to. We paid 20 Euros for a tandem bike for the whole day and it was well worth it.

All in all, a really good experience and a day to remember. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

If you are just looking for a rental and not a tour - and heading along the canal to Damme this small bike rental place is a good choice.
(Damme is no big deal - small village with tour busses and the tourist ferry drop off and crowds trying to find something to look at - keep cycling and just enjoy the day out away from the crowds in Brugge.)

For a start - you don't have to get used to your bike while dodging between people and traffic through the center of Brugge from the other rental places.
The guy in charge (yes - this appears to be his side-line to the hair salon at same place) couldn't be more pleasant and helpful. So was his assistant who lugs the bikes up as needed from the basement storage. Bikes color gray and not rental adverts. Locks, maps and ....... big plus in Europe..... they don't ask you to leave your passport as security. They take your credit card number. I always wait to post these reviews for a month - just to make sure nothing was stitched on to my credit card statement. Nope. Looks good.

At just €10 for the day I definitely recommend this place - and after reading the horror stories from other places around town it's an even better choice.

1  Thank TourMD
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I spent a week in Belgium between Brussels and Bruges. After Belgium myself and 3 friends were heading to Spain to do some cycling. I convinced them that we could rent bikes from here and from what I read on tripadvisor, we could bike to a small town in the Netherlands. It would be a good warm up to our trip in Spain and it was. It was a beautiful day and the bikes were in great condition and cost only 10 euros per person for the day. We picked them up before 10am, the guy gave us a map and told us what bike paths to take to get to Sluis. It was easy to follow and we stopped in Damme on the way, then biked to Sluis, had a few pints and biked back. It was about 40km but it can easily be done independently to save money, and it is generally flat. I'd highly recommend if you have a day to spare in Bruges, rent a bike, and see some typical Belgium countryside.

3  Thank Darren_K_C