“Modern convenience among gothic charm”

Hotel Restaurant Loreto
Ranked #48 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 8 April 2010

The Hotel Loreto, located on a street dotted with chocolatiers and lace shops, provides a comfortable, updated interior that contrasts nicely with the Gothic and Neo-Gothic architecture for which Bruges is famous. The hotel is located a block-and-a-half from The Church of Our Lady and The Hospital Museum, and a 10-minute walk from Bruges' Markt.

When I visited Bruges for one night in late March 2010, I even walked the 15-minute trek from the station to the hotel. I arrived a bit early, but my room was available immediately. Although I was a solo traveler, I was given a room with a double bed and plenty of room to maneuver. The bathroom was substantial and gleamingly clean. My window simply looked out on a brick wall, but the passageway was wide enough to permit sunshine to shine through (although only briefly, due to cloud cover).

The complementary breakfast buffet offered an assortment of breakfast pastries, yogurt, cheeses, meats, and eggs.

The hotel's owner was extremely helpful and cheerful during each encounter, helping me back into my room when I locked my key inside and securing my luggage the next morning so I could explore further until my train's departure time.

The hotel offers free wifi to guests. In my 3rd floor room, the signal was strong and flawless.

I can heartily recommend the Hotel Loreto as an oasis from the tourist crowds.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Ambiverbal

Reviewed 8 April 2010

spent first two nights of six in belgium and had a great time. hotel is very conveniently placed and is walkable from the train station. although, on arrival, we got a taxi on arrival as we had no idea where we were (cost €6.20 ). rooms are quite small and I suspect we were given the top floor as, being on the shorter side, there was less chance of us banging our heads on the sloping ceilings. breakfast was decent (boiled eggs / continental / meats) and juice, tea and coffee. very quiet too. only marking as four and not five due to the smallish room but all in all would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2010

We booked this hotel at the last minute while traveling and it was great pick. It is obviously not a big fancy hotel and the rooms are very basic. That said the staff are friendly and helpful and the room has everything you need. This town is not cheap, so it was nice to stay somewhere that was ideally located without having to pay a ridiculous amount of money. We will definitely return.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CD001
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Great hotel. Very friendly staff. Central. Rooms are very good, clean and comfortable but a little small. Breakfast was very nice. Would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank faricas
Reviewed 5 January 2010

This 3 star B&B provides clean, comfortable rooms in a central location. Service is friendly and helpful. The hotel has an elevator and free internet.

Bruges is an amazing place to visit and must be included in any trip to Belgium.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2009

We stayed here on a holiday to Belgium for a few days and it was a very pleasant experience. The proprietress was friendly and efficient, and the rooms were very nice. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were modern and very clean. Breakfast was a buffet style spread with meats, many different types of bread and rolls, cereals, and a do-it-yourself egg boiler all in the comfortable and friendly restaurant area. The hotel was also convenient and within walking distance to everything we wanted to see. It was a superb value; I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ewickham
Reviewed 10 September 2009

We stayed here with our two children aged six and one. Although the room was small, we were really impressed by the friendliness of the staff. The room and bathroom were very clean, breakfast ample and the location couldn't have been more ideal. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family