“"The best Bed and Breakfast in Brugge"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bruges
Brugge-man Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #41 of 231 Bruges B&B and Inns
Rayong, Thailand
“"The best Bed and Breakfast in Brugge"”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This is my first time in Brugge, first time in Belgium, first time to stay at B&B accommodation and I travelled alone. I can tell you that I really had a good time here, everything was great. Thanks to Patrick and Magna to take care of me very well. Beautiful house, superb hospitality, comfy bed, great breakfast, nice information, all of these made my trip so wonderful and unforgetable.

I will recommend my friends to go to Brugge and stay here, because here is the best Bed and Breakfast in Brugge. I would like to back there again soon.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My second stay here but this time I visited with my wife, our young daughter and two of our friends.
As expected we were made very welcome. This is simply a first class B&B!
Located in a quiet spot, some twenty minutes walk from the centre of Bruges, this is a great base for exploring the area.

Stayed May 2014
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It has been almost a year since my husband and I stayed at this wonderful B&B in Bruges. This place was so memorable that nearly a year later I'm writing a review. While admittedly I should have written this sooner - so much of this stay is so fresh in my mind it is as if we stayed there yesterday.

The amazingness of our stay with Patrick and Magda began with our arrival via train to Bruges. Despite the fact that we arrived fairly late in the evening, Patrick was there to pick us up at the train station. Instead of taking us straight to his house, he drove us around to give us an introductory tour of the city he loves so much. When we arrived at the B&B he offered to take our bags to our room and then we sat on the back patio while he offered us a nice glass of wine. What a wonderful welcome after a long day of traveling!

The room we stayed in was wonderfully comfortable and I loved having a shower in the room all to ourselves. For the remainder of the trip we stayed in hostels and with family so this was a welcome change!

While I loved the room and the hospitality of our hosts, the best part of this trip was the breakfast! Each morning Patrick and Magda would prepare for us a feast! An amazing array of fresh fruit along with toast, pancakes, waffles, eggs cooked to order... You name it we had it! I honestly didn't want to leave thanks to these delicious meals! Even better - our last morning at Brugge-man we had to leave very early to catch a flight to Poland. We were sad to miss the breakfast spread - but low and behold Patrick, who woke up early to make sure we got our cab on time, gave us brown bag breakfasts to hold us over until we arrived in Poland. The hospitality shown to us by Patrick and Magda was incomparable and I can't wait to visit them again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sharpsburg, Georgia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Really enjoyed our stay with Patrick and Magda. They really know how to make you feel welcome. It is a bit of a walk into town but easy and not a problem. If walking is a problem, there are bus stops very close by to take you into town. Highly recommend Brugge-man B & B to anyone staying in Brugge.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed at the Brugge-man Bed and Breakfast for three nights in early April, 2014. Consistent with previous reviews, we found Patrick and Magda to be the most perfect hosts possible!

We arrived via train from the Brussels airport (about an hour and 15 minute trip) and walked to the B&B - 15 to 20 minutes, with perfect walking directions provided in advance by Patrick. We were welcomed into the back garden when we enjoyed some fresh sangria while Patrick pulled out his maps to orient us to the city of Bruges and he shared a good bit of local history as well.

We were given our keys and invited to make ourselves at home, which we certainly did for the next three days. Bruges is a very easy city to learn and we walked everywhere --- no need to learn the bus system at all! Our room was very, very quiet at night --- indeed, the B&B is in a very quiet and lovely neighbourhood. And, as we already knew, the breakfast provided each morning was fit for a king - featuring fresh eggs from the hen house at the back of the yard and local pancakes made fresh to order by Patrick. In addition there was a wide variety or fresh cut fruits, sliced meats and breads. Truly a great way to start the day.

On our last day, we were leaving on a very early train and Patrick had prepared us a breakfast "to-go" and he drove us the short distance to the train station which was most welcome at this early hour.

We truly enjoyed our stay in Bruges and hope to return again very soon. We found Bruges to be an amazingly beautiful and historic city and Patrick and Magda to be the most perfect and welcoming of hosts!

Kenneth Cole / Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Room Tip: We had Justin's room which was nice because it had a shower and a sink --- although we believe t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SebastienBruggeman, Guest Relations Manager at Brugge-man Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Kenneth,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It was our pleasure having you and we look forward seeing you again.
Bad Mergentheim, Germany
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Spotless, friendly, informative, delicious breakfast. What more is there to say. A great experience and exceptional hosts.patrick helped us with all kinds of information and hints about how best to plan our day.

Room Tip: Our room looked out on the garden and had a nice sitting area.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed here two years ago and completely forgot to leave a review till now. Absolutely brilliant place to stay. Amazing host who was friendly and accommodating. We were greeted with some lovely strong sangria on arrival and some nice food, and the eggs for breakfast are definitely the best eggs in Belgium.

I'll hopefully be back one day.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple