“Should have stayed longer”

Bruges By Night Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #91 of 232 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had a wonderful stay in Brugge, the town is amazing, so many streets and lanes to explore. it is a town that is fun to get lost in, unless it is your last day and you are heading back to Bruges by Night and have a taxi booked! The stay in Bruges was made more enjoyable by Dorine. She is an excellent host. We hope to visit Bruges again one day and if we do we will be booking into Bruge by Night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bruges By Night Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Bruges by night is not just an ordinary B & B, its a B&B with a difference.
Excellent location
Comfortable rooms
Ever helping and cooperative Dorine (Dorine is the owner of the B&B)
Dorine is a lovely guide, a friend and makes u feel at home.
The food is lovely and u know, its just 5 mins from the Brugge Central square
I would recommend this place to any one who visits Brugge

Room Tip: Its one of the best places to stay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MMotwan
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Easy to get to from Bruge train station (very easy by bus). Bikes available for use during stay are a bonus. Not far to ride or even walk to market square. Great location. I needed an early morning cab on the day of departure (Sunday and the busses don't run early on weekends) and the arrangements were made for me. Breakfast was perfect-not to much and the right amount to start the day.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms to choose from. I stayed in the "R" room. Spacious. Clean. Win...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank soloprincess
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This B&B is such a great find. Away from the hustle and bustle of the Square, but within easy walking distance (around 5-10 mins, depending how fast you walk). Dorrine, the owner, is so lovely, she looks after us like we are her children. This is our 2nd visit to Bruges, and we love this B&B. The breakfasts are immense, and to die for ! such a treat. Lovely and quiet, very clean property. Very contemporary and modern design, you will not be disappointed. Very, very good value for money.

Room Tip: The B&B is small, with only 3 available rooms to stay, but this gives it a more private feel, an...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NJJHertfordshire
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Other reviewers are right - breakfast is outstanding, Dorine is an amazing host and bikes are very helpful. I feel Dorine's breakfast alone deserves 6 stars. Location is good too - it's in a nice and quiet area, and only a 5 minute bike ride to the center. The only problem was the bed. It just seemed so worn. There was a serious dip in the middle that I kept rolling into, and also a slant at my edge of the bed so I had to keep away from the edge so I don't fall off. Unfortunately I did not have very restful sleep during the 3 nights we stayed here. Despite this, I would stay here again if I were to return to Bruges. Maybe by the time I come back there will be a new mattress.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2013

An inspiring architectural renovation of an old Town House. Spacious comfortable rooms, beautifully designed spaces and a very enjoyable stroll into the centre of Bruges. But really this is all about Dorine. A fantastic host for whom nothing is too much trouble. Her breakfasts were sumptuous and all her recomendations around the city absolutley spot on. Listen to her and you won't go far wrong. When we return we'll happily stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Dorine was very helpful as far as getting us oriented on the map of Bruges and identifying places we should visit, eat, etc., as well as general areas to visit to soak up the history and architecture. As other reviewers indicate, Dorine's breakfasts are fantastic. You would have to stay a couple days just to taste the various jams and other breakfast goodies that she serves. The breads and cheeses varied from day to day and were all fresh and delicious. She also freshly prepares boiled or fried eggs when people come to the table. The freshly squeezed orange juice was delicious, she obviously starts with very high quality fruit. The furnishings are modern and in good taste. The only downside was that the bed was a bit firm for my taste, although similar to most other beds I have experienced in Europe. I find the older I get, the softer I want my bed to be. While you can take a bus from the train station to a block or two south of her street, and she's only a block or so from the canal, we found that the taxi fare was worth it (about 9-11 Euros) given the amount of luggage that we had. As other reviews indicate, Dorine is very helpful and friendly. She really added to the pleasure of our stay in Bruges in many ways and we will remember her fondly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple