“Just Beautiful”

Brugge Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bruges
Brugge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #181 of 231 Bruges B&B and Inns
Vancouver, BC
“Just Beautiful”
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I stayed here a few years ago with my cousin and it was just fantastic! We arrived when no one was home so we were to let ourselves in. We somehow managed to drag out HUGE bags up the windy, beautiful staircase and arrived in a room which was just beautiful. We overlooked the street, never heard a sound, and had a big bright clean bathroom. The room was large with very comfortable beds, a table and chairs along with a tv. In the morning we went down to a large dining room table where we met all of the other guests and had a delightful breakfast. They way they set the table is in such a way that if you don't want to talk to the guest next to you you don't have to. If you do want to talk to them you can but they way the table is set you don't feel you have to socialize with strangers. The breakfast was excellent starting with the hot chocolate which tasted like melted heaven. Everyone is served from their own silver coffee/tea/chocolate service set which adds to the luxury of drinking molten chocolate with bread, cheese, fruit, yoghurt and meats. I was using their computer and were burnt my pictures to a CD, when I got back to Vancouver I realized that the last two months of my University exchange did not burn properly and were gone. I immediately emailed the hotel and asked if my pictures were on their computer, they were there and the owners were nice enough to burn all of my pictures onto CDs for me and mail them to Vancouver. They stay I had at this hotel was so memorable and made my time in Belgium so wonderful I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2010

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sue789_9
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We were really impressed when we arrived - the downstairs area is really stylish, and the rooms are spacious with simple good quality furnishings and spotlessly clean. We paid 65 euros a night for a double room and 55 euros a night for a single room (with a double bed) making it amazing value too. The breakfast was great too - fresh bread and pastries from the local bakery with cheese and ham and orange juice. The only downside for me was that I'm used to staying in hotels, so the fact that you are living in someones house, and they are so friendly, was a bit disarming for me, but I'm sure that is exactly what some people are looking for!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sue789_9
Cambridge
Reviewed 13 April 2008

This B&B is a great find in the centre of Bruges. It offers great value and the owners Paul and Roos made us feel completely at home in this delightful historic building. The rooms (on the 2nd floor) are spacious and up a steep spiral staircase. Breakfast is generous.

I'd recommend this B&B wholeheartedly and would not consider staying anywhere else in Bruges!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveller0604
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2007

My wife and I truly feel like we struck gold with the discovery of this beautiful B&B in Bruges. We had the pleasure of staying at Riddersstraat #9 in July of 2007, and we would go back in a heartbeat. Besides the fact that Bruges itself is one of the most gorgeous cities we have every visited, the mansion at #9, the home of Paul and Roos Gheeraert-Vandevelde, was more than we could have hoped for.

The three rooms in this B&B are all located on the 3rd floor (2nd floor for Europeans). A warning - the spiral staircase is very narrow, and very steep. If you have a disability I would advise against you staying here. However, staying on the third floor has its advantages. Our room had an amazing view of the quiet residential street below as well as the medeival bell tower in the market square, a quick 5-minute walk away. We had a large room with two twin beds pushed together, a private bathroom, and a small refrigerator (a unique touch that we truly appreciated on market day). Breakfast in the morning was delicious with an assortment of breads, pastries, jams, chocolate spread, fruit, meats, cheeses, yogurts, and cereals. It really was quite filling. The one difference between this B&B and others that we have stayed in is that the hosts, Paul and Roos, tend to be more in the background. They are there if you need them, and have many resources such as maps and guidebooks available, but they are not ones to sit and chat. We found them to be very pleasant and I'm sure they would have given us whatever we needed, had we asked. Another benefit of this B&B that we have not always encountered is the presence of a guest computer with internet access on the ground floor. This computer is available at all times, and it was great to be able to check e-mail for free.

In conclusion, it was the small touches that we really enjoyed in this B&B. They even called a cab for us on the day that we left, as it was raining buckets outside. We were charged 65 Euros/night, and we probably would have paid close to $200/night for the same service in the states. We would surely stay there again and again, and we would suggest this B&B to anyone who was going to Bruges.

• Liked — The free internet access and the delicious breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple