“Great hotel, well worth a visit.”

Best Western Premier Weinebrugge
Ranked #29 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The hotel was really nice in a good location especially for getting into Bruges, our room was very large and cleaned well every day. We particularly liked the chocolate beside our bed every night, it was a lovely touch. The staff were very helpful and friendly, always had a smile for you and we were made to feel very welcome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to spend a few days in the Bruges area.

Room Tip: We were in the new block, our room was very quiet, and we had patio doors so we could sit outside in...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were a group of 14 on a golf tour and were very warmly welcomed at reception who went out of their way to find us a great restaurant for the evening in town, becuase we had not booked the hotel restaurant and they were full. We had prebooked another restaurant the following day so did not experinet the hotel restaurant for dinner, only breakfast which was very good

As others have noted the advertising of the shuttle service is a little limited so we needed to book taxis into town but this costs only 16 euro for a 7 seater.

The rooms were well equipped and very comfortable and the bar cosey and welcoming.
Overall an excellent hotel that I would recommend without hesitation

Room Tip: some rooms have a walk in shower rather than shower over a bath that you may prefer
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Weinebrugge, Manager at Best Western Premier Weinebrugge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you very much for your comment. We hope to see you back soon again.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at this marvellous hotel for three nights over Easter, and of all the hotels we have stayed at this was a `Jewel in the Crown`. Our suite was excellent with a beautiful spacious bathroom , and very comfy bed. The restaurant was that good we ate there every night , instead of venturing in to Bruges. The car park was spacious, and the staff faultless. I would not stray anywhere else in Belgium. My only problem ` they would not let me kidnap that gorgeous ginger cat `

Room Tip: Our suite near the front was excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Weinebrugge, Manager at Best Western Premier Weinebrugge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you very much for this superb comment. I will share it with the team. It will help them to continue doing these daily efforts to make our guests feel a little bit at home. The cat is another problem. He is very expensive and only eats exquisit restaurant food. You would bring him back after a couple of days ...

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel is nice and clean. People will be nice as long as you don't complaint at all. The internet allows you to receive mails, but, unless you work with yahoo or gmail, you are not able to send e-mails. In our case due to our business we need to use magic jack which was not possible to use. The minute you complaint the ask you to leave and never come back. I was so surprised about the way Mr. Luc treated my husband, you can't just say to a guesst, leave and never come back! A hotel is there to give service to their customers even more when they complaint about a service that is not working properly! In our case, we had to go to a simple hotel near by, True value to be able to use the internet properly. Don't worry Mr. Luc, we will never come back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank V. C

Dear Madam, as I told your husband and as I already responded to your complaint at BW, the internet was and still is fully operational. Everybody can use the internet wireless and for free. We got your husband in contact with our computer technician. They solved the problem by altering settings on his laptop. We are open since 2007 and never had complaints about our internet, everybody states that the internet works perfectly. Whatever we did to try to help your husband with his daily complaints, didn't help. Each time he accused us of not wanting to help and I am not going to repeat the words he used ... And yes, in such a case I don't like having such a person in our hotel.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Let me first note (before complaining) that this is a very nice hotel. I made a bad choice in selecting it because we had no car. This hotel is about a 45 minute walk into town center and there is lots of construction along the way. The hotel shuttle (actually a taxi service for 5 euros each way) only runs 4 times a day. Otherwise they will call a cab for you for 12.5 euros.

The bed was large which was a delight after spending many weeks in beds too small for 2. Large modern bath with plush towels. Nice bar and very pleasant staff. I must admit I was a little grumpy to them when I realized the shuttle service was so infrequent. We ended up taking more taxis than I had planned. So without a car the hotel isn't as great of a value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Weinebrugge, Manager at Best Western Premier Weinebrugge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for this review.
We are indeed located outside the city centre, which has the advantage of having free parking, no noise, ... Without a car we can only offer you a shuttle service (5 Euros per room one way) at specific hours or a taxi voucher for 13,50 €uros one way.

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel outside Brugge with parking. Room was spacious and clean with all essentials provided. Bar was pleasant and reasonably priced. Staff very welcoming and helpful. Hotel is a 40 min walk from centre along well lit pavement which is an option on a nice day/evening. There is also a shuttle bus for €5 each way provided by hotel at selected times and depending on staff availability which is handy too. Would recommend and would stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Weinebrugge, Manager at Best Western Premier Weinebrugge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for thes nice comments. I will pass them on to the entire team.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have used this hotel a number of times when driving back through Europe, it is superbly clean and has a good restaurant which has an enviable reputation from locals I have spoken to.
The only problem being after a hard drive you sometimes want a standard kind of meal rather than an expensive restaurant meal.
The rooms are beautifully presented and feature free wifi, safe and tea making facility. The lighting in the rooms though is very dull at night, which makes reading or writing a challenge. In fact it is impossible to see into the safe (room 4) at night or early morning as there is not enough illumination.
These are just observations as this is one of my favourite hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the nice review. We hope to see you back in the near future.