“Dissapointment”

Breydel De Coninc
Ranked #76 of 707 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, Seafood, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hereford
“Dissapointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Called in for Lunch, shocked at prices and how close all the tables were packed in, restaurant not that busy, yet we both orded mussels, mine were overcooked and wifes were perfect, service poor staff were going through the motions so to speak and need to other tables/our etc to move chairs so they could learn over to serve another table etc, wouldn't go back, purely on how close the tables were

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
“will always return.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We have made this our restaurant of choice for 5 off the last 6 visits to Bruges - missed one year because it was a Wednesday any they are closed. The food is truly great and the service very friendly. The Mussels are to die for. Moderately priced. A must visit on your tour of this beautiful city.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent seafood, but expensive and strange service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We came here on the last night of our stay in Bruges and they were very busy but we had booked a table luckily. We were seated in between 2 other couples VERY CLOSE so you feel like you are eating on top of each other a bit. We were then ignored by the waiter for a long time, but as I said they were busy. We managed to order some wine and my fiancée went for the set menu while I went a la carte. My Coquilles Saint-Jacques was perfection and the oysters also looked very fresh. I then went for mussels, of course, which was huge! Would have been nice to have some bread with though. Lobster and garlic butter was also beautiful and go for the Crème brûlée for afters. The seafood is fresh and brilliantly cooked at this place, but it was full of tourists, not locals so I think the waiter was a bit frazzled. It was also the most expensive place we ate at, but you would expect this for good quality seafood really.

London, United Kingdom
“FOOD POISONING! Bad service to top it off!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My fiance and I ate here on Saturday night, only to fall extremely ill with food poisoning around midnight that evening. We have both had seafood related illness before, so we knew it when it hit us. Aside from the food poisoning, the food was average, but very overpriced and the service was below mediocre.

We went back on Sunday to speak to the manager, who escorted us to a private room and refused to take any responsibility. Despite us being polite about the incident, when we should have been quite the opposite, she was condescending and completely unhelpful. She inferred that she knew most her clientele were tourists so "repeat" business meant little to her, as did ours.

3 Thank aross658
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Worst restaurant experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We visited the restaurant on Valentines night. There were four of us dining - my husband wanted to have traditional mussels. He did not see this on the menu, so asked the waitress if this was possible. She said of course, so that was settled. I ordered Salmon and my friends ordered mussels and a steak. When the food arrived, my husband was served a dish of fried mussels that appeared to have been steeped in fat and oven baked. He told the waitress that he had been expecting a pot of mussels, to which she pulled out the menu, showed him a dish of 'fried mussels' and told him that's what he'd ordered.
When ordering, my friend ordered bread with his mussels. The bread was only received when we asked for it half way through the meal.
When my husband complained again that the food was not what he ordered, the owner said he must have been drunk - which was not the case.
The staff here have no concept of customer service. They behaved disgustingly towards us. I have never had such a shockingly rude experience at a restaurant.
If you are paying over the odds for mussels (€27 - €32) you expect good service.
Never again...