“Highly Recommend Cafedraal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafedraal

Cafedraal
Ranked #213 of 707 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: French, Belgian, European
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Highly Recommend Cafedraal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Cafedraal on the recommendation of our hotel desk clerk. She was right on...it was a cozy little restaurant with roaring fire (felt so good on that cold night). I ordered mosselen mariniere (mussles); my husband had filet mignon béarnaise. There must have been 5 dozen mussels in my pot...and I ate every one! Both meals were excellent. For dessert we had crème brulee and it was delicious. The service was first class.
I highly recommend Cafedraal.

• Visited September 2013

Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

After walking around for over an hour on a Wednesday evening mid January trying to find a decent restaurant that had bothered to open, could be bothered to serve us, or was not full, we had nearly given up when we stumbled on this restaurant. We expected it to be expensive because of the setting and really Bruges is just expensive anyway, and it lived up to expectation. By this time it was nearly 9pm and the waiter looked like he would turn us away but luckily found us a table.
The food was excellent and the service not bad at all. The building is interesting and the ambience good. All in all we were pleasantly surprised.

Visited January 2014
Boston
“What a perfect place to stumble across”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We arrived at the tail end of lunch and even though we could have gone to the dining room we had them set us up a table in the bar and had a wonderful lunch. The service was flawless. Pan seared Dover sole with butter was simple but elegant and delicious. Steak au poivre was delightful. This was our first meal upon arriving - and a great indicator of what was to come.

Visited January 2014
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Terrible night”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

We went to Bruges for my birthday and thought this restaurant looked really nice on line, so booked a table for the Saturday night. As soon as we arrived, we were not welcomed, just given a vague acknowledgement from a harassed looking waiter as he went passed, so we stood in the entrance to the restaurant awkwardly for a few minutes. Eventually we were told to find a table (instead of being taken to a table). This initial waiter unfortunately was our waiter for the whole night. Every time he took an order, or brought us anything, it was like he was being completely put out, and this quickly went from being just mystifying to just plain upsetting. As early as when they bought us some water, my husband asked me if I wanted to just go, but it was late, in a city we didn't know, so I didn't really want to wander round trying to find another eatery. The food was ok (a bit salty), but this waiter's attitude really ruined what should have been a really special night. Instead it was memorable for all the wrong reasons. I would not recommend this restaurant at all, really unacceptable.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank LouiseAC1973
London, United Kingdom
“another birthday bonanza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Specialising in nice restaurants and nice cities for special people's birthdays! Cafedraal oozes class, quality and undertones of being rather pleased with itself! If you want great food and ambience coupled with attentive service..go here!

• Visited December 2013