“Good intimately small restaurant”
Review of Chez Olivier - CLOSED

Chez Olivier
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Amsterdam
“Good intimately small restaurant”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Service was good and accommodating. I never saw a chef who cleans tables after cooking last round and saying hello to guests. The cookies and cakes served with coffee are not plastic wrapped commercial stuff, they were yummy and made in house.

If you have mobility issues, you will have problems getting down extremely steep and narrow stairs to the toilet.

• Visited December 2012

Berkshire
“Michelin stars in the waiting.”
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

We've eaten at a few "quality " restaurants. Whilst I'd love to give this one 5 stars across the board if I did it wouldn't leave room for the truly exceptional.
Anyway there are far more good things to say about chez Olivier than bad. Good: are the environment, ambience and food. Bad: well there aren't any bad things really but if I was to nit pick, we had the suggested wines to go with the set menu. They were divine, but severely lacking in the dessert department (ie none existent). But O am being picky, don't let my parochial opinions put you off.

2 Thank Mark H
Bruges
“First class!”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Chez Olivier is well known in Bruges, nevertheless it was the first time I visited it with some friends.
I must say it was EXTRAORDINARY. From start until end it was just wonderful. Never had such an experience in my life.
The service is great, thanks to Ann, who is just so natural. The food was even greater, thanks to Olivier.
I'll be back!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank FlemishFreddy
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful informal dining”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This small restaurant by the canal has a pleasant intimate ambience, excellent service & most importantly, wonderful food. We visited on a Saturday evening in October (when they only serve their menu option at 63 Euros but were informed that alternatives are available if required) and enjoyed cooking of the highest order. There are just 2 people involved - Olivier is the chef and Ann efficiently does everything else - who provide some the finest tastes we have ever experienced. This is really great cooking. We could eat here often!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank mike b
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Wow, this restaurant is spectacular!”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This restaurant is amazing!!! I diner there with my partner and we were both thrilled with the service (thank you Ann ) and also with the quality of food and presentation of same. The restaurant is quite intimate and relaxing with no air of stiffness. I'd be very surprised if this restaurant hasn't received a Michelin Star by this time next year!

Visited August 2012