“Don't ask for the Angus steak.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rock Fort

Rock Fort
Ranked #74 of 707 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$27 - US$109
Cuisines: French, Belgian, European
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Don't ask for the Angus steak.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

I was very much looking forward to this place. Friendly staff and a modern decor which was nice. Everything was good until I received my Angus steak. I asked for it well done and it came rare! I know Angus steak is marbled meat but it was just awful! I spoke with the boss (short bald guy) who was very friendly. I mentioned his meat wasn't up to scratch and he didn't change us for our drinks which came to about €40! Very nice of him to do that but i was so disappointed with this place!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank JimmyRetro

New York City, New York
“a bit disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

After reading rave reviews, I booked and ate lunch. Decor spartan (plastic chairs) but service fine. not happy with the unappetizing amuse bouche - flavored popcorn and pork tartare - nor with bread served in a paper bag! The appetizer of foie gras was excellent (more toast please), as was the main course of wild salmon with new peas, accompanied by a very good house wine. Coffee and chocolates delicious, and cityZine appreciated.

Visited March 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We arrived as the restaurant opened, having heard that it is almost impossible to get a reservation because the place is so popular. We were greeted by both owner/chefs and were treated like royalty. The food was creative and unique and delicious. One of our favorites was a tuna tartare served with a whipped wasabi foam. It is easy to see why there is a clamoring for tables. It was a splurge for us. But worth every Euro!

• Visited September 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Highlight of my stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

We booked this after having three locals tell us this was the place to go and they were right. My girlfriend is vegetarian so we popped in and the said they would "knock something up" for that evening. We arrived back that evening with the staff remembering us from earlier and the place was very busy for a Thursday evening.
Our meal was simply fantastic and my girlfriend was delighted with her Salad starter with Roqeufort Ice Cream, a main of Mushroom and truffle risotto and a white chocolate, sorbet and mixed fruits desert which she said was the best pudding she has ever tasted.
I had a delicious tuna tartare in Hendricks Gin and a main of Pigeon. Both were unforgettable and the G & T I rounded the night off with was incredible!

Go here!

Visited January 2013
Manchester
“What a surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

This was a busy, unpretentious place, with food that is worthy of a Michelin star. The staff were excellent, discreet, yet friendly informative and very enthusiastic.

Visited January 2013