“Great place for lunch”

Ranked #465 of 706 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$83 - US$537
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New Romney, United Kingdom
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Service excellent. Food very good and if it is sunny you could sit here for ever. The staff were very attentive and it was a delight to be served by someone who had a sense of humour.

• Visited March 2014

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Laughably bad service”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We watched two people have issue with paying their bill. The table next to ours had one of their four main courses left out. This was because it 'wasn't ready yet', despite being the same as one of their other choices. We had to ask for the side that went with our main course. And then we had to ask for the dessert that came with our set menu 15 minutes after having our plates taken away.

When we finally came to pay we were rudely told that the card machine wasn't working, and that they'd put a sign on the door after we'd arrived. I was advised that I would have to walk to the cash machine 3 minutes away which was more like 10.

Just don't go - it's not worth it

The only good thing was the man sat next to us who sounded like Rowley Birking QC from The Fast Show

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ronvelig
Denver, CO
“Unwelcoming”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We tried to have a beer here while waiting for de halveman brewery tour. We literally had the door shut in our face when we told the waitress we only wanted a beer. Very rude. Many other places to go that are friendlier.

1 Thank orveto
London, United Kingdom
“Warning, poor service and a health risk!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We visited this restaurant on Saturday 22nd Feb. after finding a few places were already full and their menu seemed to be OK. When we entered I felt as though we were not welcome because we had not reserved and there was a table for 4 that was free. The waitress said "I suppose you can have that one" meaning she didn't really want us to have it. Nobody bothered to show us where to put our things so we put our coats and hats on the adjacent seats. After sitting down we were effectively ignored for about 10 minutes before being offered a drink. My wife and I eventually ordered the local beer ZOT and waited what seemed like ages again before they then anounced that the local beer was finished and that the only other available was the more expensive one (of course!). After a further wait they eventually arrived from the bar (15 ft away) in similar glasses but at two different levels in the glass. I queried this but was told by the waitress quite curtly that "the levels are correct".
My wife wanted some chicken which was only on the menu until 5pm and this was now not allowed because it was 7pm and there was no compromise so she had to order another (more expensive again!) dish. We also noticed that all other diners were given a basket of bread instead of us, which was irritating at first, but actually a blessing in disguise. We were further annoyed that the couple on the adjacent table who had arrived after us with a table reservation, had their meals served before us.
When it arrived I have to say that although the portion sizes weren't great the food was reasonable although pricey for what it was.
The scary bit was where our seat was situated near the till. I could see everything that went on and boy am i glad we didn't get any bread, they use the bread board for everything, banknotes, coins, receipts, credit card machine and then cutting the bread!! It was also quite apparent that there was no washing of hands between any of these operations either. I watched the younger waiter open the front door, cut bread, count money, cut bread, use credit card machine and cards, cut bread etc. all without moving from the corner. We paid up and left without having anything else. If you value your health I suggest you don't eat here!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Relaxed T
Santa Barbara, CA
“Always bring cash”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Tried it due to location near our Hotel. Mussels were good and fresh, if a bit bland. Service was Ok, until check was requested when they said CC machine was down so cash only. As we had just arrived, only dollars and pounds available- they were not interested- cash only. Said we're staying across street- they said not interested- they had my wife wait at table while I tried to find ATM in a dark, unfamilar city Finially located one after 45 minute search, only to find on return that their machine was now working and wife had paid with CC. Most unprofessional service I've ever experienced.

• Visited February 2014