“Must book”
Review of De Koetse

De Koetse
Ranked #97 of 746 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2023

We went under the recommendation of our hotel. It was extremely busy, but they looked after us very well.
The food was extremely tasty

Reviewed 22 September 2023 via mobile

We had the loveliest meal here - I have dietary requirements (lactose intolerant) which can be a nightmare for eating out in countries that love cooking with butter! We went ahead of time to check the menu and speak to someone about my options for eating there and they were extremely helpful.
Then the meal itself was delicious. They gave us a little surprise appetiser which was very tasty and fresh. Then we had oysters to start which were amazing (and I take some convincing with oysters). I then had a main adapted to suit my dietary requirements - the fish skewer and it was incredible. Monkfish, Salmon and Prawn which just blew me away. The salad it came with had a really nice dressing and then the obligatory side of frites were also so tasty. The service was wonderful, the wine selection is massive and overall the atmosphere is cosy, comfortable and very authentic feeling. I would definitely return here for another meal.

Reviewed 13 September 2023 via mobile

What a perfect night! We came without a reservation but was seated easily. Staff was delightfully professional, and the atmosphere was old world charming. We opted for the three course set menu, and unlike some other tourist places, we felt like that menu offered the best they had to offer, and after choosing to add the wine option, we were met with great pairings, prompt service and sufficient pours that made for a worthwhile experience.

We had a great meal, professionally delivered and, I'm a classic spot with relaxed charm.

1  Thank sandmantv
Reviewed 29 August 2023 via mobile

Visited for lunch twice during a short stay in Bruges. Superb food and hospitality on each occasion. A small friendly restaurant run by people who know their food. Thank you.

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 1 June 2023

The food is comfort food, satisfying and well- prepared. We had been touring all day, filled with too many chocolates and wanted a substantial meal. Our hotel ,l’Orangerie recommended it.
As an appetizer we were given local shrimps to be peeled with our fingers. Incredibly sweet tasting.
My husband had half a lobster in a delicious sauce. I tried the shrimp coquettes, very nice but very creamy. The side salad was an excellent balance.
My main course was vol- au- Vent , chicken in pastry with a sauce of mushrooms and again creamy - with a side of fries. My ordering of two creamy dishes was my fault, not theirs because each was very good but way too much cream for me.
My husband had the Flemish stew. He said the cut of meat was very good and he enjoyed it. From our guide’s description, I might have expected more vegetables. He had fries , perfect fries with his dinner.As we’re mine although I could not eat more than a few after my meal choices. Sadly.
It is a friendly, helpful establishment and I did notice a goregous hunk of steak being grilled nearby, constantly checked. I can only imagine the taste of that beauty.

Date of visit: June 2023