“Great hotel and great location”

Hotel Dukes' Palace Bruges
Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel with large beautyful rooms. Staff very servicemindef and helpful. The breakfast was well over average with a huge selection of all what you could think of. The hotel is located in the city center and very easy to access. Hotel parking is offered. We will definately be back!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Dorte-dk
There are newer reviews for Hotel Dukes' Palace Bruges

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Could not have been nicer, fantastic breakfasts,
very well situated for everything.
We arrived earlier than check in time, but were able to do all paperwork, and leave our cases at reception for collection later. We went out exploring and returned in the evening.
Staff all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen A
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend in august. On paper and on arrival the palace was magnificent both outside and in.
Admittedly we arrived early- around lunchtime but a 3pm check in despite an 11am check out seemed a bit unreasonable.

The front desk staff were very helpful and when we did get into the room it was beautiful, with fantastic complimentary toiletries!

We had a kind size bed but with twin covers which I found quite bizarre. However they agreed to change these at turn down.

The house keeping staff are really where this hotel falls down.
First requested them to come back in 30mins when we'd be out of the room. They came back 15mins later when I was in the shower and I was quite surprised to find someone changing the duvets over when I came out of the bathroom.
More surprised when she decided to continue sorting the bed rather and not evenoffer to return later.
The following day similar issue- this time insisted they come back later only to come back to an unmade room 5 hours after.

On our last morning - sorry to repeat myself but check out is 11am and check in 3pm, that's four whole hours of empty rooms- woken at 830 and then 9 by staff trying to get in to clean.

Perhaps I'm overprotective about my sleeping and the state of my bed but when you charge that much and have such spectacular facilities and ambience to then have one staffing area ruin a relaxing stay with their persistently inappropriate presence is unfortunate.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Travelling_drj
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed on the 21st of August for two nights with my husband and 2 kids for two nights. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and shown where to park etc. As we arrived early our room was not ready so we left our bags and went straight into town for some sight seeing. The weather was not great so we decided to head back as check in was at 3. We were told it was still not ready as there had been a photo shoot and they were still clearing up. We're given a drink at the bar free of charge but we still had to wait for an hour which with two kids was not amusing.

We were shown to our room and settled in well. I did not think the room was what I expected. We were in side room which I did not like at all and the bathroom was really cramped. This is a family room with one room upstairs and the other down.
A staff member just entered my room without a knock on the door thinking it was empty when he was the same person who gave us our room details and wrote the floor number down.

We had dinner at the hotel on the first night which was lovely and they did accommodate the children nicely and made meals to suit them.
Astrid in reception throughout our stay made us very comfortable and was there to offer help and advice whenever we needed it.

Not too sure if I will visit again...it was very good but it wasn't great!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank five_star_mrs
Reviewed 24 August 2014

First off - an admission - we would never have been able to afford this hotel if it hadn't been for Secret Escapes (thank you SE!) We don't normally stay in 5* hotels, so this may factor into this review :)

However I know good service when I see it and a business that is well run with the customer in front of mind.

We had great service from all of the staff from the chambermaids who remembered I'd asked for extra shampoo and put extra everything in our room, to the concierge and someone who could've only been a manager personally picking up the chocolate I accidentally dropped at breakfast.

The breakfast was phenomenal with a huge array of choices and the icing on the cake being bubbly and chocolate served too! Best bit was the generous serving time (7:30-10:30) compared to many UK hotels who stop serving at 9.

The bed was unbelievably comfy and it was a real heartache to get up every morning - even if it was to go to Brugge! Loved the fact that you could see the TV through the window in the bathroom although I will say instructions on how to close the blinds on the window would've been much prefered for the rest of the time! Only "negative" thing I could say really.

Very knowledgeable bar staff, recommended some lovely local beer for us to try and FoH staff helped us book our travel home really easily.

Overall I can't thank the staff enough for an amazing trip. I wish I could live here!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed here on 11th August for 2 nights and it is truly a 5 star experience. From the moment you walk through the door the staff are courteous, helpful and professional. The rooms are luxurious, spacious and clean. It is located in the centre of Bruges close to all the sites. I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel. In fact this hotel is a good reason to visit Bruges.

Room Tip: Just book. This hotel is perfection.
1  Thank John V
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed here for four nights at the beginning of August and had a great time!

First day we arrived we had been travelling since the very early morning so at night took advantage of room service which was very prompt in arriving. The only criticism we had was that the menu is limited, the food that we had, however was very good. Two of the evenings we spoke with reception about the type of food we wanted and for restaurant recommendations. They were really helpful booking a table for us and the recommendations were absolutely spot on. In fact, we thought the reception staff were fantastic.

We tried the Spa, It wasn't busy at all, which is fortunate becuase there are only four loungers to relax on, and we were disappointed that there was no longer a swimming pool at the hotel, but the facilities that are there are ok.

The public areas/lounges are very well looked after and clean, clean, clean. We were fortunate enough to have some sunshine and the outside patio from the bar is a lovely quiet place to lounge in the comfy chairs and have a relaxing drink.

We had a room with a city view and to hear the church bells in the early evening was lovely. The room was very clean, comfortable and the bathroom was immaculate and very well maintained with lots of nice L'occitane toiletries. Loved the walk in shower and the underfloor heating! All in all really comfortable and we would definately stay here again. Our only disappointment with the room was the fact that we had twin beds, that said the beds themselves were extremely comfortable but not what we are used to with our lovely big superking bed at home!

What we will also remember is the breakfast - it is awesome!

1  Thank Deanostraat