“Amateur Barista”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2012

They advertise extensively to be expert barista's. I asked for espresso macchiato and I got a latte macchiato. When I said that it was incorrect they started to argue. The customer is king, is always right. Eventually I accepted the latte macchiato, which was good, but not what I asked for. Now looking further to find an expert barista....

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We started our amazing summer night on the terras of Histoires d’o - We read about this address in the newspaper - Both astonished of the view we had: The new promenade, the beach and the sea.
The service was excellent. The waitress brought us 2 delicious Mojitos and an amazing tapas plate – with a big smile!
My husband ordered kip curry, a very nice dish! I ordered 2 ‘Gérnoas kroketten’ ☺. And these were really the best I enjoyed in quite some time! Definitely a specialty of the house!
We enjoyed a romantic sunset with a delicious coffee and latte machiatto. 2 real art pieces! Incredible.
Highly recommended address! From now on every time we go to Ostend, we make a stop at Histoires d’O.

2  Thank Lauren V
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Sorry for all the fans, but I had different bad experiences at this place ! When you order tapas of cheese ( € 4 ) and sausages ( € 4 ) they serve you some plastic, tasteless material that can hardly bear the name of food. As for the lovely cup of tea, I wouldn't dare recommend it to the British ! I ordered an English Breakfast tea with milk ( € 2,60 or € 2,80 ? without the usual biscuit ) and I got a glass of water filled for only 1/3 ! When asking for some more water, the waitress answered that the remaining 2/3 were meant for the milk !!! It was filled up with water but my teabag was Earl Grey, which is, by the way, never taken with milk. As I hate the taste of Earl Grey, I asked to change and they came up with the same Earl Grey, telling me that this was their English Breakfast tea. Untrue because their list mentioned different sorts of tea or infusions and English Breakfast tea on top of it ( I took a picture on my cellphone )! It happened in my hometown but I think it's a tourist trap because neither the manager nor the waiters know the products they're selling. The view is great, but there're a lot of terraces on the promenade, so you can choose. The " Chamonix " for instance, where they serve you a pot of English Breakfast tea with a biscuit ( €2,50 ) and where they have the best " picon au vin blanc " in Ostend.

4  Thank charlottelauwereins
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This is a place where you come home. Lovely view (the sunsets are amazing!!), nice vintage interior, the best cappuccino's in town and great service. I love to sit here by myself sipping a quality espresso and reading a book. Or with friends to play one of the available board games and have a Monkey 47 gin (with fentimans tonic!) and some tapas.

Just love this little unique, characterful and authentic spot in Oostende.

2  Thank Koen B
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Unique "vintage" setting on the wonderful Sea Promenade of Ostend. Great food, little bits and tapas. Local seafood. Great cocktails and the best coffees in town (2 qualified Baristas). Not the usual touristic bar, but a real "feels like home" brasserie with sea view.

1  Thank JanOstend