“OK”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was visiting Bruges with my friend and did a day trip to Ostende. I investigated places to have lunch prior to our visit and booked a table as the reviews seemed to suggest it wasd the place for us.

The terrace is fine, and similar to a lot of the other places along the front in Ostende. It does have a sea view with plastic screens which helps with the wind. The sun seems to appear about 3 pm so is in the shade over lunch time.

We had a couple of beers, a bottle of wine and 3 plates of tapas. I thought the food was expensive for the portion size, although tasty enough and 4 small glasses of maes came to 9.50 which I thought a little steep for the size. We had a South African sauvignon blanc which was around 18 euros a bottle, which seems to be the average price. We had chicken wings, the skin was nice and crispy, shrimp croquettes, very small and only 4 per portion plus meatballs, again tiny in size and about 8 per portion. Each dish was served with a sauce.

I was slightly disappointed at the choice of food, as the reviews seemed to suggest various pasta dishes and pizza. There was a couple of pasta dishes such as spaghetti bolognese and a seafood dish but no pizza.

I was also confused about their food serving times. When we arrived we noticed on the menu it said food served until 2pm - we rushed to order. However, food continued to be served up to and past 3 pm.

Service was pleasant enough.

If I was visiting Ostend and passing this restaurant, I may call in for a drink, but I dont think I would call in for food.

1  Thank Shiraz64

Reviewed 24 February 2013

awesome ambiance, very sixties, seventies...
Mix of young and old people.
Good selection of drinks and beers, best mojito in town.
Snacks and salads are tasty, good size portion and normal prices

1  Thank Jan T
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We like it especially for afternoon snacks, drinks or apero.
You have to try their snack with ham of black porks. Histoire d'O has a nice choice of wines as well and this with a nice view on the sea,

Reviewed 1 November 2012

They advertise extensively to be expert barista's. I asked for espresso macchiato and I got a latte macchiato. When I said that it was incorrect they started to argue. The customer is king, is always right. Eventually I accepted the latte macchiato, which was good, but not what I asked for. Now looking further to find an expert barista....

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We started our amazing summer night on the terras of Histoires d’o - We read about this address in the newspaper - Both astonished of the view we had: The new promenade, the beach and the sea.
The service was excellent. The waitress brought us 2 delicious Mojitos and an amazing tapas plate – with a big smile!
My husband ordered kip curry, a very nice dish! I ordered 2 ‘Gérnoas kroketten’ ☺. And these were really the best I enjoyed in quite some time! Definitely a specialty of the house!
We enjoyed a romantic sunset with a delicious coffee and latte machiatto. 2 real art pieces! Incredible.
Highly recommended address! From now on every time we go to Ostend, we make a stop at Histoires d’O.

2  Thank Lauren V