“travel agent experience - Travel Managers Australia.”
Review of Hotel Messeyne

Hotel Messeyne
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Kortrijk
Reviewed 27 September 2013

great place except no hot water in my bath or shower for the entire period of my stay (2days/2 nights) 10sep - to 12 sep13.
Of course - I was not made aware of that issue as I checked in the hotel.
- although I later understood that the management knew totally about that problem in my room but they could let me know under instructions from the management.
as it was confirmed by the staff members later on when I reported the problem.

THEN - I dropped a glass of red wine during dinner and as the table was next to a wall - the wall did get some red wine on it - as soon it happens - the waiter attended to it - by drying the floor and then the wall which added to the wall marks - as soon as this happened - I went to the reception to speak to the manager - after a long while - as the manager did not appear at the reception -
I went back to the table -
only to found the "" lady Manager "" demanding my dinner guests to sign a paper saying that they will agree to pay for the re- painting of the wall""
- I - immediately - of course stopped them to do so - mentioning to the"" Lady Manager"" that first it was me that dropped the glass of wine - not them -
that the people she was demanding them to sign the paper to acknowledge that they will paid for the repainting of the wall = were my guests - and if there should be any discussions about anything - it should only happened between the management and me.

the morning after the event - I went there at 7h00 - then again at 12h00 - the tablecloth was not
changed (still showing the wine marks) - finally I met with the Lady Manager - which - was determined to get paid for the repainting of the wall - I suggested that as it was an accident - surely
A- she was not serious to ask me to pay for the repainting of the wall
B- this is a restaurant ina 4 stars hotels - they would have an accident policy that would cover that sort of accidents.
C- well it got worst -
D- the Lady Manager insisted that she will pursue the matter to get the money for the repainting of the wall from my guests - I explained that these people were my family - she said it was easier to get money as they were from Kortrijk then me as I was based in Australia.
E-so I advised the Lady Manager that I will visit the policy station after I consulting my lawyers in Australia to ensure that I was in my right mind - to refuse to pay for anthing apart of the cost of the dinner -
F- I visited the police station with my sister in law (guest of the dinner) and the Police officer at Kortrijk Police station did agreed with my lawyers that - yes - I did not have to agree to the Lady Manager demands of paying for the repainting of the wall. it was not my responsibility
(I did not do it on purpose - it was an accident - which does happened in a restaurant)
so I informed that Person"" Lady Manager"" about it. She was still insisting that she will contact my family in Belgium to pay for the repainting the wall.

it is a real shame that my stay was spoiled by the fact that I could not even wash myself for 2 days (my enitre stay) and at the same time - encountered a very unpleasant situation with the owner of the premises "" the lady Manager""
so I will give them - zero. as a guest - as a customer - and as a travel agent since 1974.
(except for the staff members - which were great)
I have never gave a zero to a property - well in this case I have to.

Room Tip: ask if your room has hot water before you check in. and have the staff come up to show you the room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank depoortere

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed here for one night en route to the Chunnel, and what a gem of a place. Everything was lovely, perfect English spoken, Car aprking in underground or outddor private parks, you choose where. Asked for a quiet room and were allocated a room om second floor at the back, whcih lived up to the request. fabulous glass panelled off bathroom, splendid seating area, and the best matress of our four week European tour! Plenty of pillows too, plus BBC2 on the TV.

The meal in the restaurant was extremely good, and again, I have to say, one of the best of the trip. Well presented, decent sized portions, tasting of what it says it is, great service, good-sized table. Maybe a five-minute-too-long wait for dessert; however they were very busy. My compliments to the chef anyway.

Also tucked away is a fitness room and spa. Small but big enough for two.
We had to leave early the next morning and so cannot comment on breakfast although we saw it laid out in the hall and it looked like good standard continental fare.

We really enjoyed our stay here and would return without doubt.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Favourite hotel in Kortrijk. I have stayed in many hotels in area and this is the best by some way. Food is amazing, rooms are enormous and luxurious. Staff are always happy to help. It’s not really a place for children as it’s mainly used by business people. There’s a nice selection of bars just round the corner.

Room Tip: Number 3 is stunning with a balcony..
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2013

By far, one of the best hotels I have ever visited when traveling abroad. The attention to detail, the fast service, everything makes this a must stay place in Kortrijk

This is a family run hotel, and you can tell they go the extra mile to make it worth it. If you are ever coming through, stay here.

Room Tip: Extended stay suites are availble
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

This is my second visit to this hotel as I used to stay in other hotel all these while,reason choosing this hotel again this time as knowing I will be having a long trip and need a very good rest and ready for following serious meeting hence it's able to provide me "sleep on the spot" experience with quite ambience and nice garden !

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I used this on a business trip as my regular hotel in Kortrijk was full and was very impressed.
The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable.
The staff are all friendly and were particularly helpful with car parking when I arrived very late.
Breakfast was available early and excellent quality.
A very busy itinerary meant that I didn't have any leisure time there but it appeared a very a stylish place to relax

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Spent 1 night here. The room was clean and spacious with a nice bathroom. The only drawback was that it was at the back of the hotel above the kitchen area and we had the smell of food the whole time even at night which was rather unpleasant. Room No 11. I did mention this to the girl at the desk when I went to pay the bill the next morning. This ruined our stay at the hotel. I felt that they could have compensated for it. My son had his room at the front and this was fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at tghe front of hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple