“Perfect hosts”
Review of Ariane hotel

Ariane hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Ieper (Ypres)
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We took four rooms for 11 family members ages 18 months to 64 years old and were delighted with the comfort, hospitality and friendly service. The food was great. A perfect stay for three nights while visiting for the centenary of the First World War. Everyone enjoyed their stay and we will always use this hotel in the future.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a great hotel where friendliness and customer service come first, swiftly followed by contempory style and tasty and sumptuous breakfast. This is now the second time I have stayed here - both for WW1 battlefield tours and it's an ideal place to make your base. This trip included an extended family group of 22 which proved no problems for the hotel and all members enjoyed their stay. For me, and the reason for posting my comments, is that my car had problems during one of the battlefield tours - the hotel staff went beyond themselves to help me find a garage which could get me back on the road - ringing around over 10 garages to get the problem fixed. There was no charge, I did not have to chivvy them along to do this - the staff immediately volunteered - this is what I call great service! Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Natasja F, General Manager at Ariane hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

We were very pleased to read your review of your stay here with us and to learn that the car difficulties in no way detracted from your holiday. We were very happy to be of assistance and as delighted as you when the problem with the car was sorted out to your satisfaction. Thank you for your lovely comments and we hope to welcome you back here in the future, kind regards the Ariane Team.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Ariane is close enough to the central square so that you can easily walk down the cobbled streets to the Menin Gate, Cloth Hall, Cathedral, cafes and restaurants, yet far enough so that it's quiet and there is effortless parking. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and always looking for ways to improve the hotel and your experience. This is the second time I've spent a week at the Ariane, using it as a base for walking the battlefields, and it gets better as the years go by. I've already booked a week in 2017, and look forward to it.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms on the north side of the new wing overlook a lovely small canal.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here based on TripAdvisor rating, and were happy with our choice. The reception staff are great, we got a free welcome drink in the bar, and the breakfast buffet was excellent (the only meal we ate there). Rooms are a good size, clean, and well equipped with blessed air conditioning. WW1 memorabilia and photos decorate the lobby and stairwells.

So why not 5 stars ? Mainly because there is very little sound insulation between rooms (fortunately our neighbours were quiet) and the bar/restaurant area is a little too modern and black decor for my personal taste. Lifts are also a little old and clunky.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a lovely stay in this hotel in April. My husband, 7 year old son and my mother in law. The hotel is centrally located and only about 7 minutes walk from the adorable town square. The staff could not have been more helpful. The hotel itself is lovely with really nice breakfast and a lovely spacious bar with a courtyard to sit outside if desired. It was a perfect location for our WW1 sightseeing and I would definatly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Had a great stay here while visiting Battlefields on a tour. Beautiful hotel, with very comfortable, clean rooms. Breakfast and evening meals were outstanding for quality and freshness. We could not have asked for more. The location is ideal, only 5 mins walk to centre of Ypres where there are plentiful restaurants and bars to choose from, along with the Menin Gate. Totally recommend this hotel along with it's wonderful staff and will certainly stay here should we come back to Ypres!!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a family owned hotel very close to the centre of Ypres with good car parking and comfortable rooms.

The level of staff service is outstanding. I don't know how they do it, but some much larger hotels could take lessons from the management here. From the cleaners to the top, staff were friendly, knowledgeable and concerned to make sure that everything was organised, sufficient and service led - without that over the top 'service by the hand book' approach that you get in some, big city locations.

Restaurant and food were good, shower and towels (my bête noire for the traveller) were excellent, reliable Wi-Fi, and the front desk staff shone. Good English all round as well. It's not the cheapest of hotels in Ypres, but much cheaper and better value for money than the hotel I stayed in in York, England two weeks later.

I visited two other hotels in Ypres (Ieper, Ypern) during my stay, and the offer here, in my opinion, was the best in town.

Room Tip: My guess is that all rooms are equally good, and all seemed to have access by elevator, and level ac...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business