“World war one ”
Review of Hotel Regina

Hotel Regina
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Ieper (Ypres)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“World war one ”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

On arrival at train station had short walk to the hotel.hotel I would say is basic it is in a ideal location.short walk to menin gate.during are first night had alot of traffic noice.on checking the window it was broken by the hinges.unble to close window will report it when leaving.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Scheveningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here during a boys trip to Ieper to visit the various battle sites in the area. Our rooms were ready when we arrived, we were checked in quickly and got down to the business of a beer. The staff were very helpful and friendly, approachable - I cannot fault them. The location is amazing - talking about being in the centre of it all. Specifically, about 150 meters from the Menin gate, across the road from the Museum and the Tourist office. crawling distance from a few good places to eat and drink. The room I had was located at the back of the hotel and was very quiet - good, but it also was a bit dark - I'll take it for the quiet. I agree with the assessment the place could do with an investment and redevelopment - but then it could charge a lot more for a room. The room appeared to be clean but the bathroom really needs an update. I believe I got value for money here - breakfast was good, the attendant was helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Beer_Club_for_Men
runcorn
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is probably one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The reception is dark and dingy and needs updating. Our room was adequate but there was no water coming from the shower or taps most of our stay! We found a fingernail on the bed and the socket or coffee machine didn't work in our room. The bar staff were surly and unaccommodating and in the morning the breakfast cutlery was filthy. After much complaining the reception gave us 20 % off our bill, I would have argued for more but we just wanted to leave. It is certainly not the cheapest place to stay in Ypres, 95 euros bed and breakfast per room per night it wasn't worth 30 euros. I would not recommend d this dump to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brian J

Travellers are raving about these Ieper (Ypres) hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I was really disappointed with my stay here. I was in room 38 which other reviewers have spoken about. The room was very musty and it didn't look clean. The bathroom had cracked tiles and the shower curtain full of mould. The breakfast was OK and the restaurant looked good. But the rrooms seem to be a case of grabbing your money, put up with it and you'll never come back. As I vhs ked out some guests were arguing about the state of the rooms. He said he took it over 2 years ago and as he "hasn't won the lottery" then that's why it's in that state. Why buy it if you can't afford to bring it up to a descent standard?

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Mr_Me_123
Lancashire
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Some of the reviews are pretty much spot on although they differ somewhat. My wife and I and colleagues stayed here in July 14 and had an indifferent stay. Our colleagues where very happy with their room and facilities, however we were not. Room 12 was very noisy and having no air con we had to leave the window ajar to allow air flow this of course let in all the traffic noise so not much sleep the first night. We mentioned this to reception who changed our room that day. Room 38 is in the gods very warm with a solitary single window facing the square but you have to stand on a stool to see out of it. Breakfast is very very nice, continental of course,and the service from the staff there is excellent.
Would I stay here again ? Yes I would but not in either of these two rooms.
Location is spot on btw.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Edmonton
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Great location, good breakfast, and friendly staff cannot make up for cleanliness and room. No lights in hallway, curtains hung badly, cleanliness issues, and our room especially had air circulation issues. In major need of renovation. Choose somewhere else!

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank CMJEdmonton
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I am actually quite perplexed how positive the reviews are for this hotel. I booked it based on the reviews from tripadvisor and was sorely disappointed. The location was great but rooms were awful. No AC, which is fine, however in having to keep your window open to rid of the musty room odor, the various audible bathroom habits of your neighbor does not lead to a comfortable atmosphere. The bathroom door which does not close all the way (as a heater blocks it), allows your friendly neighboring hotel guest to look straight at your toilet from their window - not exactly comforting as well. We actually asked reception to change rooms and they just said,"Oh we have not renovated that room yet and it's the smallest and probably worst one, but we have no others right now." Thanks. Breakfast had variety and was very good, but certainly not good enough to recommend this place nor ever stay here again. We did a 2 week stint in various towns and hotels in Belgium and this was bar none the worst. I have stayed in hostels that were like palaces compared to this. We checked into the Novotel the next day, which was a breath of fresh air. At the Novotel, excellent service, very acceptable room, fantastic quiet location (2 minute walk to Menin Gate) - enough said.

Room Tip: perhaps ask for a refurbished room, personally I would just stay elsewhere. For not much more stay a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple