“Wonderful Welcome”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Akerreta
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My daughter and I were walking the Camino,and after having hurt my knee our progress was slow.
We finally arrived after 20:00 hours (phoning first to let them know we were still on our way but would be late) how wonderful to arrive with such a wonderful welcome of " we were so worried for you"! And do you like fish yes we both replied, well my wife has a meal waiting for you. Bags in our lovely clean room and within 10 minutes we were at a lovely table with the most beautiful meal and wine before us. I cannot thank this wonderful family more for their friendly care and welcome I recommend this little bit of heaven to everyone. And thankfully you after a restful night and good breakfast I continued a wonderful trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ruth F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Finnish first
Stirling
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great place to stay once the weary legs climbed the hill to the hotel !!
The chef was on holiday so the owners cooked for us all and let us watch the football and being British and Brazilian with some Americans thrown in as well made for a great fun evening
Food and hosts amazing and location and building stunning
Would have liked a more varied breakfast but otherwise would recommend to all

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Morristown, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was so excited to come across this hotel on my recent Camino walk. It really was an Oasis in the heat of the day for me as there was nothing left that seemed to be open in the nearby town of Larrasoana. The building built in the 1700's has been well restored. The common areas are comfortably decorated & you actually enjoy hanging out in them. The rooms are comfortable, private & simply perfect.
Julie runs everything & is the perfect innkeeper. She managed people well, served an amazing dinner & was up to serve breakfast with a smile. She seemed to truly love having people in her "home".
The food here was worth commenting on…I had an amazing dinner & breakfast. It was very fresh, local & perfect.
I was impressed & would absolutely plan on returning on a future visit. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The third day of my Camino I stayed in this beautiful hotel. The service was amazing, José and his family are excellent hostesses. The views, the space and the hospitality are fantastic. Dinner was delicious and breakfast with freshly baked croissants was unbelievable. I highly recommend this stop in your Camino. This was probably one of my favorite stops in the Camino.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
N.Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was a wonderful little hotel.
We arrived on the 13th June after a long day on the Camino and found ourselves in a little piece of paradise. Everything was wonderful -the house,our host Jose Maria, the views from the terrace and the food.
I highly recommend this little hotel which is a little way outside the village - but you will not have to leave it!
F & P Cleary

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Small hotel in extremely small town, only restaurant available but wonderful food using herbs and produce from their own garden. Hotel refurbished In local style with beautiful wood floors throughout. Lovely garden for relaxing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I picked this hotel out from our Camino guide book because it was described as a beautifully restored Basque house. I later found out how fortunate we were to stay because they had a group cancellation and were fully booked the following nights.
It was a beautifully restored house, very comfortable, with good meals and right on the Camino. The owner was friendly and I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akerreta
Alma Pamplona Muga de Beloso
#3 of 37 in Pamplona
Hotel Roncesvalles
Hotel Roncesvalles
#1 of 1 in Orreaga-Roncesvalles

Been to Hotel Akerreta? Share your experiences!