“Welcome to the 70's!”

Gaido's Seaside Inn
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Galveston Island
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The rooms were not fancy at all. Like cinderblock and carpeted walls, I kid you not! This hotel needs a major facelift BUT it was a fantastic stay! Never judge a book by its cover, this hotel is a major diamond in the rough. I have have been around hotels (my dad owned one) and know the in and outs so I was impressed by the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. The pool was AMAZING our four yr old girls had a blast and so did we (at the pool bar). I would not stay there during high times (I.e. spring break). I also highly recommend the restaurant as well but be prepared to spend more there than you do on your room!

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for Gaido's Seaside Inn

Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is our 2nd year to stay here. The people and staff are super nice and professional. Has a great pool open till mid night with a wet bar if you like. The rooms are clean and very affordable. You are 150 to 200 yards from the gulf of mexico with a beutiful view of the water. We had previous stayed at the commodore next to gaido's so we attemped to stay there last year. We got there in the middle of night last year and the man was really rude! They say everthing happenes for a reason and I am thankfull to find Gaido's where we will stay from now on. Thanks Gaido staff

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

If you want to be on the gulf, this is a good motel to stay at. It is older, but well maintained. The outdoor pool area is very nicely decorated. The motel is easy to find, but did have trouble finding the lobby to check in (it's located behind the motel and we didn't see any signs directing us where to go). It is close to many restaurants - in fact the family that owns the motel also runs a couple of restaurants next door. Our room was well maintained and clean. There was 1 luggage rack. There was a small round table with 2 chairs, but no desk. There were 30+ TV channels. The bathroom was small but clean. However, the tub fixtures leaked and we reported this at checkout. AC was somewhat loud, but not loud enough to bother us. Breakfast had scrambled eggs, hot cinnamon apples (a nice change from the usual motel food), yogurt, fresh fruit, premade pancakes, juice, milk, coffee, and cereal. The eating area was very small and had only a few tables. The breakfast staff was very efficient and amiable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MNroadtrippers66
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I didnt stay there, my daughter did with some friends for her graduation party, but I did look around before dropped them off and they had 2 fantastic rooms facing the beach/ocean. No, this isnt a fancy hotel but the view is worth the money and the rooms are very clean and the staff is very nice. My daughter told me that the breakfast is very good but the staff working at this time isnt very nice. Overall I was very happy with them, it is a very busy hotel. We will go back:)

Room Tip: Pay extra for beach front rooms, they are worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Candace J
Reviewed 7 May 2013

So who stays in the room at the beach. Seawall frontage, great location. They've redone the pool area and its lovely'. Landscaped with shade. Looks like they are adding a poolside bar. And the view is awesome. The rooms are quite plain, but very clean. The beds were very comfy, more so than many more expensive hotels. And the staff was extremely nice. The breakfast buffet was very adequate complete with the Texas staple - the breakfast burrito. No room service or fitness center but couldn't uncheck. Sorry

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank virginiapt
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We just needed a room for after the Galveston Wine Festival so I wasn't expecting even a Holiday Inn type room but - first, I made my reservation through galveston.com to get the extra coupons, but it never made it into the hotel system so I had no room. The only ones available were smoking and that smell gives me a headache. The guy at the front desk was super nice though. He immediately called his first reservation to see if they still needed their room, and luckily they didn't so we got a room within minutes. Unfortunately, this is a smoking hotel so even though our room was nonsmoking the rooms on either side were not. The smell seeped through the wall all night so by the next morning I had a horrible headache. It's not a bad hotel, but I wish they would spend one day really scrubbing all the rooms then making one whole section smoking and one nonsmoking so you didn't have this problem. It's like putting the smoking section in a restaurant on the other side of the booths and hoping the ceiling fan works really well.

overall, not that bad for just sleeping as long as cigarette smoke doesn't bother you. The front desk staff is wonderfully helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarahg409
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We loved this place! Granted, we like local places more than the big chains and are open to the surprises that can come with going local. Our room was very basic--no iron or hair dryer, not even a clock. However, it was clean, had a very comfortable bed, and had a nice breakfast setup--including both hot (eggs, burritos, waffles) and cold (cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit) items. The staff were friendly, quick, and competent.

If you can, definitely get an ocean-view room! It's worth the extra money to look out on the Gulf, even in less-than-ideal weather. As others have noted, Seaside Boulevard can be busy at times, with the noise to go with it, but the old-school wall AC unit's fan made very acceptable white noise and we had no trouble sleeping.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple