“Great Stay at Gaidos”

Gaido's Seaside Inn
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Galveston Island
Reviewed 17 July 2013

For the past 5 years when I visit the Houston area I come to Galveston and always stay at the Gaidos Seaside Inn. This past weekend I came to visit and was impressed with the pool/bar area. Indeed during the evening it was more of an adult atmosphere so why have your kids staying up that late?????? The manager and staff gave me good customer service and I will continue to stay at the Gaido's Seaside Inn when I come to Galveston. Can't wait to come back soon!!!

Thanks for the service folks

Room Tip: Get the beachside rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank sprtn4lfe03

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Everything about Gaido's Seaside Inn that I said before still stands... cheap, excellent service, great location, great breakfast, etc. But... something has happened here that has become a game changer for us.

Gaido's Seaside Inn has put in a bar next to the pool. I have no problem with bars per se... I even like to go to bars occasionally. And last year when we were at Gaido's we would take a cold beer or two down to the pool and swim with the grandkidlet, relax and just have a great time. Other people would have alcohol there but there was always a family atmosphere. However, with the addition of the bar there are patrons in the pool that do not stay at the hotel. There are bar patrons mixing with families with children - NOT a good mix. Let me site a few examples:
-a couple making out in the pool - French kissing, rubbing her breasts against his face, etc.
-On Friday and Saturday nights there is a band/dj going very loudly until 11:00/midnight
-bar patrons yelling at the kids because the kids were doing cannon balls in the pool and splashing water on their coolness and in their drinks
-a couple at the bar sent their little boy to the children's section and told him not to leave it until they came for him while they went back to the bar

Its as though Gaido's can't decide what they want to be - a family establishment or a bar. When I talked with the person on duty Saturday night she said they were just trying to attract more customers. I told her I was pretty sure we wouldn't be back next year.

Also the rules have changed. Hotel guests may not bring alcohol to the pool. You must buy any alcohol from the new bar.

Parking is a problem as much of the hotel parking is taken up by bar patrons.

I LOVED Gaido's. We were pretty sure we'd found our home away from home in Galveston from now on. 'Very disappointed in this new development. I feel like families who's stayed here and future patrons needs to know about this change.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
15  Thank ls1202
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Our 4th of July stay at Gaido's Seaside Inn was a very nice one, we had the best complimentary breakfast cooked fresh. They had breakfast burrito's, cereal, homemade waffles and other breakfast goodies. The staff were very friendly and treated us like family. Our room was very clean, smelled nice and was very comfortable. We are returning for Labor day weekend!

Room Tip: Gaido's was right across the Gulf, had a pool with a hot tub, wet bar and restaurant all togethe...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Luisgina2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here in March 2012. The pool had been out of service so we got a great rate. And, when we got there the pool had just been re-opened and it was awesome! The rooms are clean enough, just old. The ceiling tiles have seen better days but for $70 we couldn't complain. There was great parking and it is right across from the ocean. Free breakfast is provided and again-good enough, but we had to share breakfast with the staff also eating at that time and several flys. Not that is was a huge problem, just odd. We almost felt like we were invading on someones private kitchen as the staff looked at us like we shouldn't be there. My husband didn't feel like the staff was very friendly or helpful. But, again, for a one night stay before our cruise, it was fine.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank sleake
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We just returned from our Fourth of July vacation to Galveston. It was our first time to visit the island, and we WILL be back!

Gaido's Seaside Inn fulfilled our needs--the price is great. Galveston's beaches are across the street from hotels & restaurants--so this is the best option if you are used to staying on a beach. This particular beach area is less crowded than those around it. I assume it is because Gaido's is not a huge hotel. So, beach-wise, the location is great!

Like other reviews said, the room is small, but you really just need room to shower & sleep, right? There is not much room around the sink. It was sufficient, though. They don't provide mini shampoo & conditioner or a hair dryer, so bring your own.

If you like peace & quiet, request a back room. The pool area was very noisy with DJ music from the bar and lots & lots of families with kids. For us, we will request a back room next time. The view is not worth the noise & hubbub.

I do have to mention another problem--but please keep in mind that it will not hinder us from coming back (I'll explain that in a bit.) Breakfast. It was much more of a hassle to go than it would have been to head down the road to Denny's (which we did on the last day.) The ladies who provided breakfast were great, the choices were great, but there was always a long line of people waiting. Some of them would get much more breakfast than any one person could eat. Kids would get 2-3 boxes of cereal at a time, then come back in for more. Perhaps the management could implement a wristband policy at breakfast? Or some sort of way to ID inn patrons to make sure there is enough for everyone, and there isn't such a long wait.

We will most likely bring our own cereal & milk, etc. for our next trip down to avoid the fiasco.

Overall, it was a great trip, and we will be staying at Gaido's again next time!!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank sharynjoy
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed here this past weekend with my mother, sister, and her almost 4 month old baby. I'm very glad we chose to stay on the "courtyard" side (not overlooking the pool/beach) because it was a very busy weekend in Galveston and the fantastic pool at Gaido's was constantly packed with kids, smoking and drinking adults, and was very loud and chaotic. Our room 207 was clean, quiet, and servicable. I actually liked the loud air conditioner and carpet on the wall because it clearly helped drown out sound from party-goers. The only complaint I have is that our bathtub took about 2 hours to drain after bathing. We did complain to the front desk and a maintenance man promptly came to our room to work on the drain. He was able to get it to drain a little faster but not much. The breakfast was delicious, especially the breakfast burrito (which was huge!). The staff was very nice and I felt we got more than our money's worth. The location is great and I plan on returning here with my husband soon to enjoy the pool, hot tub, and awesome looking poolside bar. They also have live music on Saturday nights, going until at least 11pm. Thanks Gaido's!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Leslie C
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

We stay here in 2012 and enjoyed our stay. We now travel with our small dog so we will be down the road at a higher rated hotel. It cost more but we cant leave our baby at home. I think they need to review the pet policy.

• Stayed: September 2012