I've stayed there many times and loved it and eaten at gaido's next door many times and loved it but this time two weekends ago April 19 nicks was so bad I may never go back to any of them. We checked, girl was Hispanic, pretty and sweet to an interior room which we felt lucky to get on a pretty Saturday night. Our room was adjacent to an observation platform overlooking the ocean where we saw people eating and drinking so we sat at a table and a waiter told us we couldn't sit there without going downstairs and being seated by the hostess which I thought was stupid and I was too tired to walk down the stairs and walk back up so I asked if we could sit at one of the two empty tables at the rear of the deck and he said sure, we are not using them. I asked why not and he said because we don't have umbrellas for them, which I thought was stupid. Why make people wait for tables when there are two empty tables? He said the wait was 20 minutes. We sat there for awhile and a waiter asked if he could bring me a menu and I said sure. Later he came back and said he couldn't bring me one for 20 minutes because the wait downstairs was 20 minutes which I thought was stupid. Then we got a menu and ordered two seafood dishes. The deck was sunny and warm and crowded. Two hours later we were still there and it was dark and cold and we were the only ones left on the deck. Girlfriend went back to the room and I went downstairs to find our waiter and tell him to forget it and found him with our food on his tray and told him we had already decided to go elsewhere and he apologized and said could he bring it to our rooms and it would be free and I said I guess so. Later he showed up with our dinners in plastic boxes and said management said we had to pay full retail and I said what moron is running this restaurant and why didn't he because he could do a better job and he said because the kid who was running it was named gaido,that's why. I was so mad by then we couldn't enjoy the food or the stay and the wonderful memories of gaido's and the seaside inn. Get rid of whoever is making stupid decisions at nick's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right across from the beach and Gulf of Mexico our two story family owned hotel has attracted visitors from all walks of life. We have a knowledgeable and "Texas friendly" staff. Every one of them committed to pleasing you. Many of the island's attractions and dining are only a short distance away from our property. And we have over 100 High Definition channels including HBO and Cinemax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Gaido's Seaside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaido`s Seaside Hotel Galveston
- Gaidos Seaside Inn Galveston
- Gaidos Seaside Galveston