“Best Location on a Budget”

Gaido's Seaside Inn
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Galveston Island
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We've stayed here twice in the past year and have had a great time on both trips.

Location: By far the best location on the island. The beach is right across the street and it's clean and has lifeguards. There are several nearby restaurants and it's not far from the pleasure pier. We usually park and walk everywhere we need to go.

Hotel: We've stayed in a smoking and non smoking room. We don't smoke but the smoking room wasn't as bad as I thought it was. The rooms are a little outdated but they are QUIET, clean, and the beds are so comfy! Don't expect much from the TV but you shouldn't be inside watching TV anyway. The rooms are really spacious. The breakfast is delicious. Still the best breakfast taco I've ever had. The pool is fabulous. We were concerned with the pool bar opening that we couldn't bring coolers into the pool area but we did and no one said we weren't allowed to and I didn't see any signs posted. They give you wristbands to wear at the pool I suppose so they can tell your guests at the hotel. On Saturday night they had a live band from Crystal Beach. They were okay but people were getting TURNED UP dancing and drinking at the bar. It did go a little late...probably until 11 or so. I could hear it from our room in the back by the handicap parking but we didn't mind. If you were planning to go to bed early and were near the pool you probably wouldn't have been too pleased.

Food/Bar: The first time we went we ate at Gaidos and Casey's (now renamed Nicks but still run by the Gaido's family). Gaidos was fabulous. No complaints. It can get busy around prime dinner time so I'd recommend reservations especially if you're there on a holiday weekend. I've loved Casey's for years and years...I was not that impressed with Nicks. The remodel made the place look great and I love getting a table on the front porch area. Great people watching a view of the gulf. The food has changed a bit. The grilled shrimp is still phenomenal and my favorite...but the tarter sauce. WTH happened. It was awful. I don't know why they changed it but it missed the mark big time. I'm hoping it was just a fluke. The redfish pool bar has overpriced sugary sugary drinks but supposedly had the best mojitos on the island according to yelp.

Summary: Location, location, location. If you're not planning on spending a lot of time in the room I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I always ask for room away from the pool to avoid noise and screaming children....but if you have a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CostaChica05
ltpg97, Manager at Gaido's Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you so much for the excellent review, we are certainly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately, our pool area and bar, is a TABC certified venue and bringing outside beverages is discouraged just as any other similar location. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Gaido's Seaside Inn

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We decided to stay at his place and we were very happy with it, our room was in the courtyard away from all the noise...Thought we would have a fridge and microwave but did not...room was clean and comfortable...I cannot express how wonderful and friendly the staff were, everyone was nice and friendly...close to everything and great bar at Nicks, just down the hallway. Looked like they were updating all the rooms, just hope the prices do not go up...great stay. and wonderful birthday.. Only had coffee in the morning but the breakfast had a good variety and the lady that made the breakfasts was so sweet and helpful..

Room Tip: Courtyard on the ground floor, parking right outside your door
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ltpg97, Manager at Gaido's Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Deborah,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We are so glad you enjoyed your birthday with us. We are sorry to hear, however, that you were expecting a microwave and refrigerator in your room. Unfortuntately, since we are in the process of renovating, not all of our rooms comes with upgraded amenites yet. We hope to have this completed by the end of next year. Thank you again and we hope you come back and see us.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I've stayed there many times and loved it and eaten at gaido's next door many times and loved it but this time two weekends ago April 19 nicks was so bad I may never go back to any of them. We checked, girl was Hispanic, pretty and sweet to an interior room which we felt lucky to get on a pretty Saturday night. Our room was adjacent to an observation platform overlooking the ocean where we saw people eating and drinking so we sat at a table and a waiter told us we couldn't sit there without going downstairs and being seated by the hostess which I thought was stupid and I was too tired to walk down the stairs and walk back up so I asked if we could sit at one of the two empty tables at the rear of the deck and he said sure, we are not using them. I asked why not and he said because we don't have umbrellas for them, which I thought was stupid. Why make people wait for tables when there are two empty tables? He said the wait was 20 minutes. We sat there for awhile and a waiter asked if he could bring me a menu and I said sure. Later he came back and said he couldn't bring me one for 20 minutes because the wait downstairs was 20 minutes which I thought was stupid. Then we got a menu and ordered two seafood dishes. The deck was sunny and warm and crowded. Two hours later we were still there and it was dark and cold and we were the only ones left on the deck. Girlfriend went back to the room and I went downstairs to find our waiter and tell him to forget it and found him with our food on his tray and told him we had already decided to go elsewhere and he apologized and said could he bring it to our rooms and it would be free and I said I guess so. Later he showed up with our dinners in plastic boxes and said management said we had to pay full retail and I said what moron is running this restaurant and why didn't he because he could do a better job and he said because the kid who was running it was named gaido,that's why. I was so mad by then we couldn't enjoy the food or the stay and the wonderful memories of gaido's and the seaside inn. Get rid of whoever is making stupid decisions at nick's.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Arkyparky
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Another Spring trip to Galveston in hopes of catching the spring migratory birds. By now we know the island fairly well, where to go for birds, where to go for the very best food and where to go when we just want to sit and be quiet for awhile. The hotel has a great pool and spa that seems to get a lot of use by the families and girls in bikinis...with Casey's being attached to the hotel it is very convenient.

Room Tip: We get our room in the courtyard area. It is back off the street and doesn't have a water view b...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

On behalf of the Gaido family we'd like to thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

On 4/4/14 I stayed at Gaido's before my cruise out of Galveston on 4/6/14. We called for a taxi and waited over 2 hours. When it was apparent that a taxi wasn't coming the desk supervisor loaded 3 families and their luggage and took us to the dock to catch our ships.

I have stayed at Gaido's many times over the last 15 years and always had an good experience, but this was definitely more than anyone expected!

Good job and helped make a Great start to our vacation! Thank you Chris!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lori B

Lori,

We are very happy that we went above and beyond to make your stay a memorable one. Thank you for the great review. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Had a great stay in the newly renovated room with the private deck over looking the pool and a view of the ocean. Chris and staff are very friendly and accommodating! We will be back, and for any baseball parents checking out Galveston College it is only 4 blocks away.

Room Tip: Newly renovated room beachfront up with private balcony much quieter, away from traffic. Beds were g...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy S

Cathy,

We are happy that you loved our new queen deluxe room on the beachfront with a great view of the ocean and that our staff was very friendly and accommodating. Help us spread the word about our newly renovated room by telling your family and friends. Thanks again and we hope you return.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This is a little older hotel but it was super clean & had a great breakfast! The staff was great & very accommodating. We stayed there the night before our cruise & utilized the stay & park option. Our cruise was affected by the oil spill in Galveston & the staff took excellent care of us. We stayed there past check out for no charge & the Manager went out of his way to keep us informed about the port closure etc. He took care of our cab service too. The cars were safe in a gated parking area while we were gone! Highly recommend this hotel! However the seafood restaurant was awful. Food was terrible & service sucked!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for the wonderful review about our hotel. I'm glad we were able to make your cruise vacation and stay more enjoyable. In regards to your bad experience at our family restaurant, unfortunately, I can't speak for them. Nevertheless, we hope you come back to stay with us again in the near future.