We've stayed here twice in the past year and have had a great time on both trips.
Location: By far the best location on the island. The beach is right across the street and it's clean and has lifeguards. There are several nearby restaurants and it's not far from the pleasure pier. We usually park and walk everywhere we need to go.
Hotel: We've stayed in a smoking and non smoking room. We don't smoke but the smoking room wasn't as bad as I thought it was. The rooms are a little outdated but they are QUIET, clean, and the beds are so comfy! Don't expect much from the TV but you shouldn't be inside watching TV anyway. The rooms are really spacious. The breakfast is delicious. Still the best breakfast taco I've ever had. The pool is fabulous. We were concerned with the pool bar opening that we couldn't bring coolers into the pool area but we did and no one said we weren't allowed to and I didn't see any signs posted. They give you wristbands to wear at the pool I suppose so they can tell your guests at the hotel. On Saturday night they had a live band from Crystal Beach. They were okay but people were getting TURNED UP dancing and drinking at the bar. It did go a little late...probably until 11 or so. I could hear it from our room in the back by the handicap parking but we didn't mind. If you were planning to go to bed early and were near the pool you probably wouldn't have been too pleased.
Food/Bar: The first time we went we ate at Gaidos and Casey's (now renamed Nicks but still run by the Gaido's family). Gaidos was fabulous. No complaints. It can get busy around prime dinner time so I'd recommend reservations especially if you're there on a holiday weekend. I've loved Casey's for years and years...I was not that impressed with Nicks. The remodel made the place look great and I love getting a table on the front porch area. Great people watching a view of the gulf. The food has changed a bit. The grilled shrimp is still phenomenal and my favorite...but the tarter sauce. WTH happened. It was awful. I don't know why they changed it but it missed the mark big time. I'm hoping it was just a fluke. The redfish pool bar has overpriced sugary sugary drinks but supposedly had the best mojitos on the island according to yelp.
Summary: Location, location, location. If you're not planning on spending a lot of time in the room I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right across from the beach and Gulf of Mexico our two story family owned hotel has attracted visitors from all walks of life. We have a knowledgeable and "Texas friendly" staff. Every one of them committed to pleasing you. Many of the island's attractions and dining are only a short distance away from our property. And we have over 100 High Definition channels including HBO and Cinemax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Gaido's Seaside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaido`s Seaside Hotel Galveston
- Gaidos Seaside Inn Galveston
- Gaidos Seaside Galveston