My first experience was 2 years ago after my wife suggested a short trip to the beach with our then 5 year old. Everything was quite surprisngly decent for as old as the hotel is. We stayed there again this year for our 4th of July trip and still quite surprised with how decent it is. Rooms are what you expect from a hotel as old as this. If you are wanting 5 star amenities then you should stay at a 5 star hotel. But if you are lookimg for a mom and pop run seaside Inn this place is really not bad at all. The rooms are slowly getting updated but nice. We had a fridge in iur roo. 2 years ago but did n8t have one this go round, we planned for it but made due with an ice chest and ice. Ice machines were "out of order" which I would assume that due to location have been shut off so random people dont fill there ice chests with free ice so we improvised by finding and ice machine near the Academy that fills ice chests for $4. 2nd floor beachside is great for those who like to sit on the porch in the mornings or evenings. I could have done without the pool bar bands and crowded pool area. The bands are usually done around 1130p or 12a, which is late in my book for an outside music venue, especially being that close to sleeping rooms. Unfortunately due to the type of crowd at the pool we did not use it much. But then again we did not come to Galveston for the pools. I would certainly reccomend this location for 4th of July though. Parade goes right down the Blvd. Fireworks are set off on thr jetty right in fro t of hotel, and we did not have to deal with the traffic or people. I imagine we will stay here again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right across from the beach and Gulf of Mexico our two story family owned hotel has attracted visitors from all walks of life. We have a knowledgeable and "Texas friendly" staff. Every one of them committed to pleasing you. Many of the island's attractions and dining are only a short distance away from our property. And we have over 100 High Definition channels including HBO and Cinemax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Gaido's Seaside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaido`s Seaside Hotel Galveston
- Gaidos Seaside Inn Galveston
- Gaidos Seaside Galveston