“Horse and pony ride”

Galveston Island Horse & Pony Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Will never come back!!!! We had a hard time contacting them when they finally called us back they said a certain time then said they never said that!! Well we got fit in the schedule , we show up and they said it would be an hour after they told us to be there early!!!! They blew it off like no big deal, when they could have called me to let us know instead of us showing up twice!!! My son was so disappointed!!!! Not even an apology for wasting our time!!!

3  Thank Jessica N Edwar... S
lewisde85, Owner at Galveston Island Horse & Pony Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to critique our operation. It's these kind of reactions that we get the opportunity to learn from our mistakes and how to improve. I am as disappointed as you are that you had so much trouble, and I sincerely apologize for wasting so much of your time. The goal is a fun and care free experience for everyone, but this is one of those time where we have failed to meet that goal. If you do every decide to give us another chance I hope we can get another report from you of how much we have improved our service!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

My husband rode Blaze and I had the honor of riding Pep. Brook and Melanie were amazing guides and very knowledgeable. I just can't say enough good things about those two ladies! We took the hour ride and it was the most pleasurable experience: it allowed us to reconnect, bond with the horses and our guides, and enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience that you can't get with anyone else in Galveston. The peaceful gait of the horses coupled with the sound of the ocean was extremely therapeutic and we had no choice but to let our troubles and cares melt away for a little while. Thanks to Pete and everyone at GIHPR. We'll be seeing y'all again real soon!

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Was our first time! The folks working there are great! So friendly and helpful!! We really enjoyed ourselves! It was great addition to our weekend!

Reviewed 5 February 2017

My husband and I did this on our honeymoon. We chose to do the private sunset beach ride. It was absolutely beautiful and an enjoyable ride! We had a male as our tour guide and he seemed to know a lot about the history of Galveston since he grew up there. The horses were friendly although my horse was a little feisty towards the other horse. We had a good laugh though! I would recommend going on a horse back ride if that is something you are interested in doing!

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

My kids and I had the best time horseback riding with Snoopy, Midnight and Blaze. The horses were beautiful and well mannered and the guides/owner were very friendly and helpful and professional.
The best part is being on the quiet side of the island and having the area to yourselves. As a bonus we saw dolphins jumping out of the water and playing around in the ocean right next to us.
My kids (9 & 12) said its the best thing they've done all year and we've done a lot of fun things this summer! It was great, can't wait to come back.

lewisde85, Owner at Galveston Island Horse & Pony Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

So glad y'all had such a great time! We love inspiring young children! Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your experience!